Who Says Nothing Of Quality Comes From Argentina

I dunno, you Americans and your weapons , apart from the naked woman that is ,i`ll take that. Us brits are happy with a power drill and an old jaguar.

We have the vintage Jaguar, if you would care to drive it from my brother's house in North America, on the scenic tour to South America!

I dunno, you Americans and your weapons , apart from the naked woman that is ,i`ll take that. Us brits are happy with a power drill and an old jaguar.

For far too many Americans, the weapon partially compensates for the inadequacy felt in the presence of a naked woman.

Never said I liked the guy but technically hes a quality footballer.

I am not into football so I don't care at all about Messi but I recognize he's a world sport's figure and "pride" of Cristinalandia, oops, I mean Argentina!
I, however, do care that Galeno, my "obra social" pays him a fortune to put on a shirt and says "Ponete la camiseta" when this money could be used for improvements in their clinics WHICH ARE GOOD or give us a small break in the very high cuotas we pay monthly!

I don't know Essen, what I said was simply that for me it would be hard to recognize a high quality saucepan based simply on the generic description and a picture on ML.

Here is an 8.8 litros "essen" olla (stockpot):

It was advertised as unused and sold very quickly on Mercado Libre for $2500 pesos.

http://articulo.merc...-mas-grande-_JM

I looked at the line in a store in a nearby town. I immediately thought of "Club" aluminum cookware from the USA. There is almost always a good selection of Club cookware in near perfect condition for sale on ebay in the USA. The weight is the biggest drawback in bringing a few pieces to Argentina in checked baggage. There are many other items to bring that weigh so much less and are more desirable to have in Argentina.

The 30cm x 4mm aluminum pan that I bought on Mercado Libre will be shipped tomorrow. The advertised thickness of 4mm tells me it's exactly what to expect. If it lives up to its description I'll post the seller's contact information here.

For cooking, cast-iron is generally a good way to go. Cleans with water and a good brush or scrubbie, goes from stove to oven, cooks almost anything beautifully, lasts a lifetime. The cast-iron I've seen in Argentina seems to be of good quality.

I recently shopped for cast iron cookware but found it to be very expensive compared to the USA and in the photos of the items offered on Mercado Libre, the cheaper cast iron cookware did not look very good (noticeably rough edges and unfinished wood knobs on the lids!).

I agree that cast iron is very good for making spaghetti sauce, beef stew, and chili con carne as well as "slow cooking" chicken or roast beef with vegetables, but it doesn't work well for grilling, unless you have one of these (this is the exact style and size I use):

plancha-bifera-rayada-enlozada-de-hierro-n3-27-cm-13090-MLA20070870210_032014-O.jpg

http://articulo.merc...ro-n3-27-cm-_JM

(It may be possible to find one in CF for about the same price as this one ($193) and not pay the extra $68 for the delivery, but the price in stores will almost always be higher.)

It's called a "plancha bifera de hierro" and (in the item description) rayadura refers to the ribbed design. Enlozada refers to the enameled finish. Over time mine has become well "seasoned" and the white speckles on the top are not longer visible. I clean it with water and a brass (bronce) wire brush and then wipe it with a paper towel. The enamled finish on the bottom is still intact and keeps it from rusting.

Here are the results of a ML search for all planchas bifera priced less than $200.

http://listado.merca...riceRange_0-200

I used it at first to grill beef (rib steaks) but find it is even better for grilling bife de cerdo (pork chops). The fat drains off into the outer ring/channel as the meat cooks...just like a George Foreman grill, but with far better results (flavor-wise) after the grill has been used for a while. A little salt is all I use (on both sides of the meat) prior to grilling.

Back