Whole bean coffe?

David, Well small world, I am from Bellingham!! That must have been a few years ago you went, as it is now, Western Washington University!! And these days Bellingham has more barista's per capita than any other city in the U.S.

So many talented micro coffee roasters, that do such a great job!!

Napoleon...I used to like bonafide, a few years back, but it was sold
and the beans taste burned to me, just not the same quality as before.

Yes, I forgot Starbucks is here in the city, haven't been as yet and not sure what if any beans they are selling.

The Bonafide coffee beans have a glaze of sugar on them....Most coffee here has sugar added (torrado con azucar).

I buy whole bean coffee from Starbucks....the Gold Coast blend is just right in flavor...bold but not bitter. As for maple syrup, I did a search all over the city. Jumbo never has it....ever!! Not any Jumbo...I have been to them all. The only place I have found pure maple syrup is at the Disco on Elcano in Belgrano. Sorry, but I just bought the last 3 bottles at 52 pesos per bottle!!!! Even the store clerk that sold me the syrup had no idea what it was or that the store even carried it. Now the search is on for dark brown sugar like the C&H brand we have in the States. I think Azucar Rubio is brown sugar but they don't grind it fine enough to get the carmel taste that ours has.

Isn't "north of Seattle" Canada? Hmmmm, a cold country with great coffee!!

In my experience, ground coffee here is pretty bloody good (and I am a coffee fascist). That said, the Coffee Store (tienda de cafe) sell pretty good whole-bean coffee.

Yes, I have also noticed sugar on the local beans for inexplicable reasons. I buy coffee for home from the Alto Palermo Starbuck's, and they have a reasonable selection of whole beans, and they will grind them if you don't have a grinder. I have seen Gold Coast, both French and Italian roast, Sumatra, Costa Rica, and a few other national beans.

I'm a coffee lover myself and I think Martinez is fabulous! It's on the corner of Salguero and Cervino (kind of close to Las Heras Park). They have many different blends and it's VERY fresh... Good luck!

I also like establecimiento general de cafe on Pueyrredon, espeically since its 4 blocks from home:) I buy Lily coffee beans at Jumbo sometimes, but they are expensive and it seems wrong to have to buy beans that were grown in South America, shipped to Italy for roasting, and shipped back here. I have the same issue with chocolate but that's another story...

WreReynolds....Bellingham is about 30 minutes South of the Canadian border and about 100 miles North of Seattle...

Used to buy Starbucks Sumatra years ago...it's a good full bodied bean and low acid...nice to know that the Starbucks here is selling beans...

HDM what is the price per kilo at Starbucks???

An Argentine friend who is usually somewhat reliable told me that the government requires sugar to be added to ground coffee as a way to subsidize the Argentine sugar industry. It sounded strange, except essentially every bag of ground coffee (Industria Argentina, anyway) I see contains 10% azucar.

Pretty goofy if it's true, IMHO!

David

Price per bag ... I didn't notice the weight, but the bags seem a little smaller than in the Washington, DC, where I last bought them. I buy two bags at a time, and the last time, a few days ago, I think I paid 52 pesos for two bags, so 26 per bag? That's probably expensive, but that's the coffee I prefer, so there it is.

Back