Who's that guy? Holy Cow!

bradlyhale said:
I hear Arizona is a fabulous place to go these days.

Jajaja, a good one indeed

Viajero Mike said:
I live in Arizona. don't come here. Currently we are kicking out all of the Mexican'ts and half of the Mexicans!!!
No jobs but cheap houses

Yes, thank you for the advice. I'm aware of the new law/regulation. Its sad that it had to come down to that.
Anyway, just to state my intentions: I intend to go through all the legal process and work there with a gov permit. I have a degree and 5 years of work experience. I'm quite well here but I'd like to change my life scenario :)

RichardP said:
Hi Pablo. In case you haven't heard, the economy is pretty bad right now in the States. I live in the Northwest, and know many people out of work. I don't mean to discourage you, but jobs are scarce. Otherwise, it's a beautiful part of the country to visit.

Thats true. But I guess that for IT guys its not that difficult to get a job. In Arg is more or less the same but thank god I always had the luxury of choosing among jobs. nevertheless, its a reality that what you mention is 100% right. The only answer I have is:
If I go when everything is ok and the country is doing great, one could think that I'm just going to "enjoy" some of the benefits of their success. On the other hand, I'm going when things are difficult to work hard and be part of the solution.
Not sure if it makes much sense, but for me it does.

sartreana said:
Hi Pablo,

I'm argentine, but my boyfriend is from the States. We'd love to hang out with you & your friends, we're definately up for asado! Oh, and he's from the Midwest, so he might be able to give you some suggestions on cities to go to. Personally, I would choose Minneapolis or Chicago, they're both beautiful cities!

No sé porqué te escribo en inglés, para practicar un poco :) Mucha suerte!

Sure thing!. I'm sending you a PM

christyju1 said:
Hey!
I live in the pacific northwest. If you end up in seattle, let me know, I am moving back there.

I spend 8 days at Seattle. Part of my scouting trip. I liked it a lot but people are in their own world. Seems like a tough place to make friends or connections. What do you think about that?

Thank you all for your feedback.

Good night,
Pablo.

Pablo,
I agree with you about Seattle, I lived their for several years and was only able to make friends through work. People in my own apartment building were polite but they were not interested in socializing. The climate is pretty difficult too, if you're from Bs. As. you will have a difficult time adjusting to 10 months of dark, overcast weather with lots of rain. It is beautiful though, I love going back to visit, especially in the summer.

chau,

Kurt

While I spent much of my life in Southern California - I would say BOSTON is the place to go. Many more jobs than the West Coast (of course, depending on your education and work experience...but in general - better over all).

Hi Pablo,

That's exciting about your move! I am from the US and grew up in Miami but my mother is from Argentina and all my relatives live here. If you head to Miami let me know and I can give you advice and information.

Also I would definitely be interested in meeting and going out with you and your friends. I recently moved here for school and enjoy it but a lot of the students are much younger and out of high school so I am still on the lookout for different groups to hang out with.

Take care!

Danielle

I live in California just a short drive from San Francisco. Beautiful country but very expensive as far as housing and transportation. There are jobs available to those who really want to work. If you go to Craigslist and check on housing to share, you could probably rent a room in a house with others for about $400 to $600 a month. Also check out the job market on C-list. Much information there
www.craigslist.org
good luck with your move..

Thank you all and juanderlust for the info. I've been using C-list. Good site!

Good day to you all,
Pablo.

hey Pablo... my friends and I just got here to BA. We're staying in San telmo. Shoot me a message if you want to meet up.

Back