Who's up for watching the Super Bowl at a bar?

Hey all,

Just a reminder that a group of us is meeting at Sugar on Sunday (at 5pm) to watch the Super Bowl. You'll be able to find us by looking for the crying Pats fans.

Right now there are about 10 of us; if you're interested in joining, please let me know so I can hold the right amount of seats.

I'm in! If I remember correctly, the last time I went to Sugar I didn't see any TV's, and the music was REALLY loud. Has that changed?

Never been to Sugar but according to their Web site, TVs will be tuned to the Super Bowl. I also called to confirm the start time (when the Super Bowl-specific content will be shown) and they said 5pm.

Feel free to call them to confirm: 4831.3276

I was there for the AFC championship. The front area had a flat-screen TV (I think it was flat-screen, we couldn't get seats there) and they were projecting it onto a large screen/wall in the back area. No loud music, just the Spanish commentary/

Sugar has three projector screens. It will be packed so do get there early. I'll probably join you if I'm not sported out by the 6 nations before.

Gabriel Cortes said:
I've only been in BA four days so I'm hesitant to use the public transit system. Do you think it will be a problem getting a taxi back to my place at the hour the Super Bowl ends? Actually, I'm not even sure how to get a taxi at all. Any advice for a newcomer?

I live on Marcelo T. De Alvear, near San Martin.

Thanks for your help.

Warm regards,

Gabriel

Not a problem at all. There are always a mountain of taxis around plaza armenia (where sugar is) you should have no problem getting one at any hour of the night. Hail them just as you would anywhere else.

It was great meeting everyone at the game yesterday, I had a fantastic time! David, thank you very much for putting it together, it was a good time for everyone. I look forward to the next event!

All the best,

Gabriel

Back