Why do you live in BsAs and not the provinces?

Why do you live in BsAs and not one of the provinces?

• I have been living here 0-2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have been living here 2-5 years

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I have been living here more than 5 years

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Family relations in BsAs (I/spouse/partner was born here, other)

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I/we own business in BsAs

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I/we own real estate in BsAs

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Partner (spouse, ...) works in BsAs

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I work in BsAs

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Love it here

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other reasons - tell in post, a poll has only 10 options

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
I live in Capital Federal because of the proximity to everything needed for my undergraduate research (such as libraries, universities, embassies) as well as being employed here. However, I live outside the 'expat bubble' in a part of the city that's a lot quieter.... casi provincia as my porteño friends like to call it.

Although I have considered moving to La Plata a few times... :D

I can not wait to have land and a home in the provincia. I get out to zona norte with my girfriend weekly and I can breath even a little better out there. I am just waiting to have the money I need to get out of here! Destination unknown: Cordoba, Mendoza, La Plata, Mas Sur... still need to do a lot of reseach. I am very interested on what you have to say about life outside of the city. I saw you were looking for information about importing your Bow? Is there not a store you can buy a nice bow in Mendoza?
Saludos,
Drew

I've been living here for 5+ years now. I live in CapFed because I need the resources and inhabitants of the city for the start-up work that we do. Hopefully that will change and the work will be able to be done long distance!

I've been here 4 years going on 5. Put it this way, like everything in life, it has its good points and its bad. I miss things about the USA that I never realized existed until I was here. However there are things that I love about Buenos Aires that I wouldn't trade. I also have had the good fortune of meeting the most WONDERFUL loyal, true angel of a person that is my partner. We have been together for 3 years now and I wouldn't trade my life with him for the world. As some of you may have followed the trials and tribulations I went through with my business, well I am putting those behind me and I am going to open a new business early next year after we come back from a trip to the US.

RobinsonGO said:
Cordoba, Mendoza, La Plata, Mas Sur... still need to do a lot of reseach.
Saludos,
Drew
Sent you a PM.

I voted other.
My reason: in the places I looked, there is not much of market for furnished apartments outside of BsAs. I recently tried Mar del Plata, and off-season furnished rentals simply do not exist. A 2-year lease is too much commitment for me.
Aside from select pizza, ice cream and empanadas places I do not like the food in this country (I don't eat beef, pork or fried foods, and never thought it was possible to make Italian food so bland, but let's save that for another thread) so it is essential for me to do my own cooking here, so I need an apartment with a kitchen. This voids hotel living, the cocina compartido thing gets old real fast.

dutara said:
I voted other.
My reason: in the places I looked, there is not much of market for furnished apartments outside of BsAs. I recently tried Mar del Plata, and off-season furnished rentals simply do not exist. A 2-year lease is too much commitment for me.
Aside from select pizza, ice cream and empanadas places I do not like the food in this country (I don't eat beef, pork or fried foods, and never thought it was possible to make Italian food so bland, but let's save that for another thread) so it is essential for me to do my own cooking here, so I need an apartment with a kitchen. This voids hotel living, the cocina compartido thing gets old real fast.
Just about every town in Argentina has furnished apartments to let.

Furnished apartments in Mendoza:

Ramón Moll (recommended): Departamentos Peatonal-Independencia, http://www.mendozatravel.com/departamentos_peatonalindependencia.asp
Several others: http://www.mendozatravel.com/departamentos.asp

Mar del Plata - try this google
http://www.google.com/search?q="Mar...l"&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

Córdoba: http://www.google.com/search?q="cór...l"&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

We live right outside the capital - I'd say it's the worst of both worlds. We have a nice house with a great yard, but nothing around us to enjoy outside of our little bubble. We don't have the safety and tranquility of the country nor the convenience/night life of the city. Just about everything decent is at least a 30 min drive.

I'm not much of a city person, but for work Buenos Aires is the best place to be for us.

We'll most likely be moving sometime in the future, but not sure where exactly.

Back