Why doesn’t Argentina have more Black players in the World Cup?

nikad

Registered
Read the article, then the comments. Have a blast!

and then some more....

Arrogance and ignorance are such a charming combination.
This Erika Denise Edwards woman seriously needs to read the first five verses of Matthew 7

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I've quoted the NIV version, because it's in plain English, but I do personally prefer the Old King James.

from the author's amazon profile:

Dr. Erika Denise Edwards is an Associate Professor of History at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She is an expert of the black experience in Argentina.

she's made herself an expert on the subject so i guess with that comes freedom to ask these "provoking" questions

It appears Argentina now has some of the best players from anywhere; why would skin color be a issue? Diversity shouldn't hold water in professional sports.
Very True.? somehow true ? The USA Soccer Team has like 50 % colored players?

Diversity in other teams has a role ? the Next crew of Artemis III space mission to the moon will have a woman and a Black person as per NASA.

The 26 Americans playing in the World Cup​

The 26 names called out in Brooklyn a few minutes later, who will represent the U.S. in Qatar, proved Burak’s point. Though this American team may not have enough firepower to bring home a World Cup trophy against the likes of traditional powers France, Germany, Brazil, and Argentina, it’s an American squad unlike any other. The U.S. players own stellar resumes, as they suit up for iconic clubs like Chelsea, AC Milan, Arsenal, and Juventus. The team neatly reflects the nation it represents, as its more diverse and multicultural than ever. Roughly half the roster consists of players of color.

Life is too Short

Back