Why I am not planning on taking the vaccine any time soon, if ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions might change when world governments demand vaccination passports in order to be able to travel. I can almost hear the bureaucrats crafting the rules into granite as I type....
Already going to happen - can they start requiring BMI and agility limits as well? If I'm on a plane I don't want to get stuck next to someone who is extremely obese and can't move properly in case of emergency. How do I know the person next to me doesn't have herpes etc - should be a requirement to declare as well. While we are at it make people put on deodorant while boarding - I have been stuck next to so many stinkies who don't know what deodorant is it's disgusting.

Many other countries also long since require proof of yellow fever and/ or polio vaccinations to be allowed to enter or board a flight, let alone an extensive list of vaccines required by some countries for residency purposes. If others have to do it for ones own country to keep oneself safe, its only fair one does it for others to keep them safe.

This will just be another one to add to the list and likely required by more countries than just some in the tropics.

Last edited:
Opinions might change when world governments demand vaccination passports in order to be able to travel. I can almost hear the bureaucrats crafting the rules into granite as I type....
What!? Patriots don't leave Murikkka! Ain't nothin' in no other place we need to see.

What are you planning on doing with the person next to you on the plane?
The solution seems fairly simple. Separate business-class-only travel for the wealthy and healthy. Steerage-only travel for the masses. This is inevitable.

The hard question is:
Would you take the bullet for others?
IF(BIG IF) YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, would you mess around with your own body to protect others?

The solution seems fairly simple. Separate business-class-only travel for the wealthy and healthy. Steerage-only travel for the masses. This is inevitable.

Herpes infested passengers to the back of the plane

It's a shame that the whole issue of vaccine has become such a political football here in Argentina. The conservative opposition has seized upon it as a way to try to turn public opinion against the F&F government, and in reaction to that, the Fernandez administration has decided to go all-in with the vaccination thing. Now anyone who expresses any doubts or hesitation at all is labeled a crazy transphobic machirulo Macrista conspiracy theorist gorilla.

I just wish we could have a calm discussion on the subject, (still talking Argentina as a whole, not this forum), because Argentina's other problems have not gone away while this is being debated, (if one can describe a frenzied shouting match as a "debate"). There are other urgent issues that need our attention, like decreto 949/20, for example, which bears directly upon Argentina's sovereignty and prospects for economic recovery.

The hard question is:
Would you take the bullet for others?
IF(BIG IF) YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, would you mess around with your own body to protect others?

People do that all the time. It's called cosmetic surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back