Why I am not planning on taking the vaccine any time soon, if ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but there are more vaccines, not just AstraZeneca.

Also not ALL countries in the EU stopped rolling the AstraZeneca vaccine:

This would be comical, if it wasn't such a serious business.

Some have more inherit distrust of institutions than others, which in the past years has proven to be fruitful.

When you say "fruitful", do you mean "justified"? Because I would strongly agree with that.

At the start of the AIDS crisis of the 1980's, the CDC knowing lied to us, greatly exaggerating the risks of heterosexual (between man & woman) transmission. Years later when they were forced to admit that they had lied, they gave the weak excuse that they had wanted to be sure everyone took it seriously, so they could get more funding.

At the same time, in my own hometown, the SD Blood Bank knowingly lied to us by claiming the Blood Bank was safe and AIDS-free, when they knew it was contaminated. And people died because of their lie.

Prominent, supposedly respectable institutions have lied to us over and over about important health-related matters. Cynicism is well-justified.

The cruel truth is that anti-vaxxers benefit from the community-minded actions of those who do get the vaccine. All that self righteousness is really just selfishness. If you’re worried about the speed of the vaccine development, take some time and read through this article. You may not agree with the New Yorker’s editorial slant, but it’s the best researched magazine out there.

I'm only part way through, but it really is an excellent article. Thank you.

Not yet... Will take a short while before vaccination 'passports' become law.. What is stupid is that the vaccine doesn't provide life long protection so next they will have to put expiry dates on them.

Why do you not believe that these vaccines (especially the mRNA ones) won't produce very long term protection?

Why do you not believe that these vaccines (especially the mRNA ones) won't produce very long term protection?

Fauci says vaccine-induced immunity lasts 6 month to a year.
... the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that’s protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year,” he said. “That’s not a lot of durability and protection.

The Russians claim 2 years of protection for Sputnik V, and only 5 months for mRNA-based vaccines.

So, I guess 6 months protection for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is a reasonable expectation.

Because the virus mutates and we already know that 'natural' immunity has a limit based on re-infection case studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back