Why is coffee so bad in BA?

There are lots of places with very good coffee in BsAs. Silliness. I just had a nice cup a Joe at home using that red bag of Italian from Cafe Martinez. Tons of agreeable options.
Returning to Bs after ten years, anxious to find great coffee and someplace roasting daily or frequently. The place I used to go to, Pueyreddon off of Santa Fe? I think it was, had an active roaster in the front of the shop, has closed that location and moved, under the name: Establecimiento General de Café, with 3 locations (google it). First beans were good enough, but not exciting. Stumbled across Cafe Martinez Italian roast - it's great! when served in Cafe Martinez and I'm grinding the beans at home with excellent results. Best coffee in Bs I've found so far.

A friend whose lived here a long time made these interesting comments after I asked him about the 3 recommends of Latente, LAB and Full City: I like Latente a lot, it's a cool little place on Thames - just kind of a nice place to hang out. LAB I'm less enamored of. It's really good coffee, but it's a small chain of, let's call them, to be polite, pretentious snobby hipster cafes. Full City is a cool place run by a brother and sister from Colombia, their parents have a coffee plantation and all the coffee they serve comes from the family plantation. There are a bunch of other small little cafes that are worthwhile, unfortunately almost all of them in Palermo - I like Felix Felices a lot. In Recoleta, ever since Establecimiento General de Café closed, I haven't found a really good cafe.

There are lots of places with very good coffee in BsAs. Silliness. I just had a nice cup a Joe at home using that red bag of Italian from Cafe Martinez. Tons of agreeable options.
Tolon Café on corner of Col Diaz and Sante Fe serves fine coffee in my opinion. Not sure why Starbucks sprouting all over the city. Maybe its the quality of their sofas?

Tolon Café on corner of Col Diaz and Sante Fe serves fine coffee in my opinion. Not sure why Starbucks sprouting all over the city. Maybe its the quality of their sofas?
In my opinion this is the real appeal of Starbucks, the tranquil environment and comfortable seating, and there are times that's what you need. For coffee I go elsewhere.

Totally depends. I had a great cup of coffee at a neighborhood cafe corner of Tacuari y Garay. Like Coffee Town too.

Often times they roast the beans with sugar or sugar substitutes. Seeing I don't add sugar or want sugar, it's a taste problem. Obviously there are places were that's not done.

Back