Why Is Dollar Blue Trending Down?

If you could buy a $100 dollar bill for $800 pesos , how much would you pay for a $100 dollar CEDIN?

Some where above $5.35....?? :D

If CEDIN can be exchanged right away for dollar bills no questions asked, I don´t quite get their purpose? Why not just remove all the lame restrictions on foreign currency purchase? I have the feeling that somebody at some point will get stuck with these papers that will be worth less than toilet paper...of course at first it will all work smooth, but then...sorry , I do not trust, I am Argentine.

If CEDIN can be exchanged right away for dollar bills no questions asked, I don´t quite get their purpose? Why not just remove all the lame restrictions on foreign currency purchase? I have the feeling that somebody at some point will get stuck with these papers that will be worth less than toilet paper...of course at first it will all work smooth, but then...sorry , I do not trust, I am Argentine.

Simple, there are no dollars to sell to people, where do they supouse to come from? Remember the country has a huge debt to pay.
People use dollars to buy real state, if they can use CEDINs plus if you can regulize this money, it might work out. That explains why the dollar is falling down.

At the same price what would you buy a $100 dollar CEDIN ot a $100 dollar bill ?

Simple, there are no dollars to sell to people, where do they supouse to come from? Remember the country has a huge debt to pay.
People use dollars to buy real state, if they can use CEDINs plus if you can regulize this money, it might work out. That explains why the dollar is falling down.

Bajo ,

I just went to the eye doctor. He is the eye Doctor of Papa Francisco. I asked him about your rose colored glasses , that hide all the bad things the government says and does , and that they are supposed to make us think christina is great and doing a good job. That all will be fine. That you do not need yankee dollars......etc.....

The good Pope's eye doctor told me they do not have any more. Campora bought them all. Are you sure yours are still in focus ? They seem to be a little (LOT) to the K side........

At the same price what would you buy a $100 dollar CEDIN ot a $100 dollar bill ?

Ahh Rich One ,

That is exactly what everyone is asking. Except for K and her greedy cronies. No one I know is buying any. Frankly , if Moreno came to my office , and I was a currency trader , and told me AFIP would be crawling up my ass if I did not stop trading dollars , well , I would go to Zermatt for a week of Skiing ( hiking , it is summer there.) Or my beach house in Muscat ( Too hot ! ). Or that cute villa in Tuscany (Perfect ! ). Maybe that cruise my wife has been nagging me about. How about my bank in Road Town , Tortola , BVI's ? No , it is easier to count my money from my computer.

There is NO WAY (sorry , I yelled ) anyone can even think about predicting what a cedin bond may be worth in 1-3-6-12 months. Much less in 2016. 4% interest , with inflation at ______ ! that is a loss of ,well , you do the math.

If I wanted to get dollars buying bonds or papers, I would get AS13 and get dollar bills in September for ANY purpose including treasuring. As13 is a sovereign bond not a CEDIN backed by narcos.

Bajo, you are talking about the foreign debt, the one the military mofos got? You mean the debt that was declared illegal and the same debt that the Kirchner dictators are eager to pay for some weird reason? Remember them putting down Videla´s picture at Casa Rosada?

I don´t know what people use dollars for, in reality it is not my business... you know " las acciones privadas de los hombres... " as the National Constitution states. I for one like to wipe my butt with such bills that I buy with my money, is it wrong???

If you could buy a $100 dollar bill for $800 pesos , how much would you pay for a $100 dollar CEDIN?

Some where above $5.35....?? :D
Would someone please help me understand how the CEDIN works (or is intended to work)? I assume one buys CEDINs with US dollars brought "home" from offshore accounts. If I buy a USD100 denominated CEDIN bond for US $100, I can then use it for various real estate purposes including buying a home, right?. I give the bond to the seller. What does he do with it? Can he exchange it for US dollars? If so, that's fine, but it seems that would allow holders of offshore dollars to simply set up fake transactions for the purpose of repatriating their cash ( for what reason I don't know - good interest rate for dollar denominated accounts?). If, on the other hand, the seller gets official rate pesos from the government what is the value of selling realty in exchange for depreciating value pesos? Help. I know I must be missing something.

Back