Why Is Dollar Blue Trending Down?

At the same price what would you buy a $100 dollar CEDIN ot a $100 dollar bill ?

Mother+should+I+trust+the+government.jpg

Would someone please help me understand how the CEDIN works (or is intended to work)? I assume one buys CEDINs with US dollars brought "home" from offshore accounts. If I buy a USD100 denominated CEDIN bond for US $100, I can then use it for various real estate purposes including buying a home, right?. I give the bond to the seller. What does he do with it? Can he exchange it for US dollars? If so, that's fine, but it seems that would allow holders of offshore dollars to simply set up fake transactions for the purpose of repatriating their cash ( for what reason I don't know - good interest rate for dollar denominated accounts?). If, on the other hand, the seller gets official rate pesos from the government what is the value of selling realty in exchange for depreciating value pesos? Help. I know I must be missing something.

Step 1: Sell drugs, prostitutes or just make money killing little kids.
Step 2: Bring money into the country (no questions asked) through the BCRA.
Step 3: The government will give you one Cedin for every dollar you bring.
Step 4: Buy things with the Cedin (like a department).
Step 5: The new owner of the cedin will exchange that paper for USD at the BCRA or he will use it to buy other things.

Things become a little messy in step 5 cause.. what happens if the procedure isn't exactly this transparent as they stated it will be? If they say "we will give you your dollars in exchange for that Cedin.. but first you need to show us proof that the purchase qualifies for this giving us "xxx" and then "xxx" and then get approval from "xxx"" causing well, the creation of a second currency in the market not exchangeable to USD (like pesos today).

You just need to ask yourself: Why do they have the need to create a simil currency if you are going to be able to exchange it easily to USD? Why complicate things? Isn't a little more normal to just deal with USD instead of doing this procedure? Well.. I believe this will happen. They want to print USD. They can't.. so they are printing Cedines that will be nomited in USD.

It's like the 15% and 20%. They said they were going to give it back. They didn't.

I denote you mean... " something is wrong or is it just a sensation?"

New deep Blue Rate? to please Moreno...? :D

$8,50 y 8,57?

Así, ayer, mientras a Moreno le aseguraban que el blue se operaba a $ 7,80 para la compra y $ 8 para la venta, en la City las operaciones se concertaban a $ 8,20 y $ 8,30, 20 centavos por encima del billete monitoreado por el funcionario todoterreno. Pero el desconcierto en el mercado es tal que algunas agencias de noticias replican aún el último valor de mercado que marcó el blue: los $ 8,57 de la semana pasada.

http://www.lanacion....CFeuDQgod4i0A7Q

1723919h155.jpg

Step 1: Sell drugs, prostitutes or just make money killing little kids.
Step 2: Bring money into the country (no questions asked) through the BCRA.
Step 3: The government will give you one Cedin for every dollar you bring.
Step 4: Buy things with the Cedin (like a department).
Step 5: The new owner of the cedin will exchange that paper for USD at the BCRA or he will use it to buy other things.

In Argentina you don t need to be a criminal to have money under the table, 50% of the economy is in black.
The lack of dollars is artificial because people send the money abroad.

Things become a little messy in step 5 cause.. what happens if the procedure isn't exactly this transparent as they stated it will be? If they say "we will give you your dollars in exchange for that Cedin.. but first you need to show us proof that the purchase qualifies for this giving us "xxx" and then "xxx" and then get approval from "xxx"" causing well, the creation of a second currency in the market not exchangeable to USD (like pesos today).

Nothing new and they were paid in the past.

You just need to ask yourself: Why do they have the need to create a simil currency if you are going to be able to exchange it easily to USD? Why complicate things? Isn't a little more normal to just deal with USD instead of doing this procedure? Well.. I believe this will happen. They want to print USD. They can't.. so they are printing Cedines that will be nomited in USD.

You are right. But so what? You get a bond in dollars while you already saved over 50% in taxes.

It's like the 15% and 20%. They said they were going to give it back. They didn't.

To give it back, somebody has to ask for it. And guess what, nobody does it. I wonder why?

New deep Blue Rate? to please Moreno...? :D

$8,50 y 8,57?

Así, ayer, mientras a Moreno le aseguraban que el blue se operaba a $ 7,80 para la compra y $ 8 para la venta, en la City las operaciones se concertaban a $ 8,20 y $ 8,30, 20 centavos por encima del billete monitoreado por el funcionario todoterreno. Pero el desconcierto en el mercado es tal que algunas agencias de noticias replican aún el último valor de mercado que marcó el blue: los $ 8,57 de la semana pasada.

http://www.lanacion....CFeuDQgod4i0A7Q

Funny, this morning the cotation on this page was in the 8.50, now it's down again to the "static" cotation of 7.95/8.00.

In Argentina you don t need to be a criminal to have money under the table, 50% of the economy is in black.

and this is supposed to be relevent how? Mixing someone who pays in black with organized crime? I'm pointing that the current measure taken by the government can and will be used to bring money into the country from illicit activities such as selling drugs or human trafficking. That should not happen in a civilized culture and people should not accept blood money. If you call yourself a lawyer read the proposal and how the articles were written stating that the source will not be checked nor asked (aka as I don't care how you made it).

Nothing new and they were paid in the past.

Everytime I read you I want to hit you in the head really hard. Bajo zero.. can you think for one second instead of just writing your typical nonsense? How can you say they were paid in the past.. if the cedin isn't on the market yet? Again, how could it had being paid in the past if it wasn't released yet?

Read again. I'm talking about one of the possibilities of this and how it doesn't make sense to create this second currency if they are just going to be changed into dollars easily. Something doesn't add up (the easily part), so, no. It wasn't paid in the past because it doesn't exist yet, unless you went into the future and came back to tell us how things were back then.

You are right. But so what?

That's must your new moto. Yeah, your are right, but I don't care about anything that makes sense or sounds logic.

To give it back, somebody has to ask for it. And guess what, nobody does it. I wonder why?

Thanks for confirming your head is full of air. I'm in another forum full of people from argentina and no one got their money back from their 2012 presentations. Just a picture of one of their declaraciones juradas:

You can now stop wondering and start dealing with the truth instead of spreading lies that you were told by who knows who.

You can now stop wondering and start dealing with the truth instead of spreading lies that you were told by who knows who.

I got my crystal ball working again ... just asked it what Bajo_cero2 is going to reply to you;

Bajo_cero2: "Why should I?"

I got my crystal ball working again ... just asked it what Bajo_cero2 is going to reply to you;

Bajo_cero2: "Why should I?"

I'm not exactly sure why I'm wasting my time with fanatics. I just can't accept the fact someone is so blind and has a need to defend every stupid move from his political party regardless of the evidence. There is a giant cult going one here.

For those of you receiving CEDINS for your properties!!! make sure you get the real thing...! will they be handwritten ?

600x0_662016.jpg

Back