Why Is Israel Fixing Argentina’S Decrepit Weapons?

Tanks, I have no problem, but to get me into an airplane or submarine that was Industria Argentina...there is not enough money.

And now.....this. http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/08/argentina-buying-18-israeli-kfir.html

Yeah, this news comes back every so often. Argentina keeps swinging between the Kfirs, the Chinese fighters and the retired Spanish Mirages. These Israeli kfirs have been on storage for 21 years now (after several years of extensive use). Although a huge improvement over the aging Mirage IIIs of the Argentina Air Force, these planes are still obsolete and will be very expensive to maintain due to their age.

Yeah, this news comes back every so often. Argentina keeps swinging between the Kfirs, the Chinese fighters and the retired Spanish Mirages. These Israeli kfirs have been on storage for 21 years now (after several years of extensive use). Although a huge improvement over the aging Mirage IIIs of the Argentina Air Force, these planes are still obsolete and will be very expensive to maintain due to their age.

Since when does Argentina worry about expense and obsolescence? "The model" can handle any challenge.

That's all what armies ever were - big maintenance expense and even bigger cost of repair. Cost is covered my majority, profit by minority. It's the best industry, since "shareholdes" provide services as well as demand...

That's all what armies ever were - big maintenance expense and even bigger cost of repair.

For the majority of time, yes. A huge money pit for the regular people and a source of wealth for the well connected.
However, there are a few times that one's army is smaller and not as well funded as you'd like. Poland can attest to that.

Reactions: ben
For the majority of time, yes. A huge money pit for the regular people and a source of wealth for the well connected.
However, there are a few times that one's army is smaller and not as well funded as you'd like. Poland can attest to that.

The corollary thereof is that the same point can be attested to by all the Polands that didn't happen because the army was as large and well funded as it should have been.

It's a bit hard to accept a non-event as a positive result, indeed an objective, but that is actually the ideal achievement for an army, is it not?

Back