Why Is Israel Fixing Argentina’S Decrepit Weapons?

I love these threads because its just read and learn how the people I hate the most in earth think (believe me, no offense intended, and even I wanted I couldnt ).

Is just that from my point of view this is what is wrong with the world.

We need more pacifist people and less war mongers, weapons fans, or whatever you are.

Military is what is wrong with the world. Tanks, planes, missiles, ships, etc, they are designed and made 100% exclusively to kill. Then, who are the good guys and who the bad, depends on politics. Like being THAT easy. Attaching to a lot of people the purpose of being bombed.

And people that starts these threads, periodically in Baexpats, are erudites on this subject: which weapon is more powerful than other, which one kills more, etc.

Poor people.

I wish every country imitate Costa Rica, that decided not to invest one dollar in defense.

We need more pacifist people and less war mongers, weapons fans, or whatever you are.

Military is what is wrong with the world. Tanks, planes, missiles, ships, etc, they are designed and made 100% exclusively to kill. Then, who are the good guys and who the bad, depends on politics. Like being THAT easy. Attaching to a lot of people the purpose of being bombed.

And people that starts these threads, periodically in Baexpats, are erudites on this subject: which weapon is more powerful than other, which one kills more, etc.

Poor people.

I wish every country imitate Costa Rica, that decided not to invest one dollar in defense.

You are such a hypocrite Mathias. Do you know who spends the most in weapons in Latin America? Venezuela, the country that you just praised on another tread.
Also, you preach forced distribution of wealth don't you? How do you think those are carried out, with flowers and kisses? They are carried out with guns, big ones, to kill those evil bourgeois if they resist. Your hero, Che, was a huge believer in guns as a means to achieve the "workers utopia".

I love these threads because its just read and learn how the people I hate the most in earth think (believe me, no offense intended, and even I wanted I couldnt ).

Is just that from my point of view this is what is wrong with the world.

Poor people.

98001 ...

Matias is not a hypocrite, he is naive (like all decent K supporters). - In the Soviet Union, there was a joke that of intelligent, honest and Communist, one could only pick 2.

News flash: In this world, there are bad people.

Not every country gets to be like Costa Rica, which has neither neighbors that wish it evil nor that are in a position to start a war. Nor does it have any resources or anything of the sort to invite problems. (at least AFAIK, which is admittedly rather little in regards to Costa Rica).

The point of having weapons designed to kill is not necessarily because you plan on killing: is is equally to make it unappealing, deadly in fact, for predators to attack you, just like elsewhere in nature. Israel has an insanely outsized defense budget given its size and economy. If they don't have that, they will be dead - they were invaded by 5 armies the day they became independent (before there was any 'occupation' btw). Their survival depends on their good-natured neighbors understanding that attacking will carry a heavy price.

Matias is not a hypocrite, he is naive (like all decent K supporters). - In the Soviet Union, there was a joke that of intelligent, decent and Communist, one could only pick 2.

News flash: In this world, there are bad people.

Not every country gets to be like Costa Rica, which has neither neighbors that wish it evil nor that are in a position to start a war. Nor does it have any resources or anything of the sort to invite problems. (at least AFAIK, which is admittedly rather little in regards to Costa Rica).

The point of having weapons designed to kill is not necessarily because you plan on killing: is is equally to make it unappealing, deadly in fact, for predators to attack you, just like elsewhere in nature. Israel has an insanely outsized defense budget given its size and economy. If they don't have that, they will be dead - they were invaded by 5 armies the day they became independent (before there was any 'occupation' btw). Their survival depends on their good-natured neighbors understanding that attacking will carry a heavy price.

Yes, Argentina had no such luxury, thank goodness she was sufficiently well armed to repel invasions from the Falkland Islands, Chile, Paraguay...

Reactions: ben
Yes, Argentina had no such luxury, thank goodness she was sufficiently well armed to repel invasions from the Falkland Islands, Chile, Paraguay...

Yeah, it is very cute to talk about "pacifism", but when you have a neighboring country ruled by neo-nazi, white supremacist lunatics arming themselves to the teeth, you feel a lot better having the means to defend yourself.

Back