Why Venezuela's Neighbors Keep Quiet

I would be interested in learning Camberiu's take on the article in today's VEJA reported in La Nacion concerning the Iran-Venezuela-Argentina $$$ for favors dealings over the last 8 years or so.The original in Portuguese is extensive and very interesting.This is not exactly minding their own business.

Very interesting article in today's editon of the Brazilian magazine VEJA concerning Venezuela-Iran-Argentina relations of the last 8 years or so.La Nacion and Clarín have also reported on it.Remember Antonni Wilson and his $88,000 dollar suitcase caper ?

I would be interested in learning Camberiu's take on the article in today's VEJA reported in La Nacion concerning the Iran-Venezuela-Argentina $$$ for favors dealings over the last 8 years or so.The original in Portuguese is extensive and very interesting.This is not exactly minding their own business.

I don't know of any significant group of people in Brazil proposing that the government there should interfere in any way on what is going on in Venezuela. Do most think think it is awful? Sure! But the overwhelming majority thinks it is a Venezuelan issue and should be dealt by Venezuelans. An article on Veja has absolutely nothing to do with that attitude.
BTW, Veja sells about 1 million issues a week. In a country of 200+ million people, that is a drop in the bucket at best.

Very obliged,Camberiu.However,there are groups of Brazilian industralists like (I believe) Oderbricht and othrs who would like to collect on the big ticket works that Venezuela owes them. As Mac Margolis suggests it's best not to stir things up then.Besides,Dilma has "enough on her plate" domestically at themoment Most Latin American governments know it's best to allow the U.S. to continue being the region's boogey man This works more to their own dometstic soco-political advantage than taking an unpopular stance on any of their neighbor's situations. It is true that VEJA doesn't have a large circulation.Nonetheless it doeshave an influential one both inside and outside of Brazil .Also, I undersand,periodicals per se have not achieved the influence of TV and radio groups like O GLOBO for example. As James Neilson of the Herald says,in L.A. "Left is aways right".

I don't know of any significant group of people in Brazil proposing that the government there should interfere in any way on what is going on in Venezuela. Do most think think it is awful? Sure! But the overwhelming majority thinks it is a Venezuelan issue and should be dealt by Venezuelans. An article on Veja has absolutely nothing to do with that attitude.
BTW, Veja sells about 1 million issues a week. In a country of 200+ million people, that is a drop in the bucket at best.

If I found my neighbor beating the hell out of his wife? Well lets just say I would do something about it and possibly something well those of that are man enough know exactly what we would do.

If I found my neighbor beating the hell out of his wife? Well lets just say I would do something about it and possibly something well those of that are man enough know exactly what we would do.

Yeah, this analogy shows a really deep understanding of politics and how the world works. The guy who beats his own wife and is good buddies with other guys that beat their wives, pick and chooses which families with domestic violence issues in the neighborhood he will butt into based on how much he likes (or doesn't) the husband. What could possibly go wrong when one adopts such a hypocritical and self-serving righteousness?

I'd like to quote "Pepe" Mujica one of my favorite L.A. presidents with personality.At the beginning of March complaining about Argentina-Uruguay relations he said," Argentina no hace un carajo para ayudar al Mercosur" -(Argentina doesn't do crap to help Mercosur). plus something about Brazil being the model to follow in L.A. with which I agree 100%.With no boogey man heritage to worry much about,Brazil moves forward with many projects throughout the region
1) Highway and other projects in Peru to be able to reach the Pacific coast and gain better access for sea trade with China and Asia in general.
2) The highway from Curitiba thru southern Bolivia to Arica in Chile to avoid paying high international highway tolls in Argentina. Both of these very intelligent.
There are others which slip my mind at present.I like and admire Brazil but to ignore it is L.A.'s "O Novo Imperio" is a little foolhearty i always recall a conversation I had with a Brazilian in Sao Paulo about 30 years ago.He told me that Brazil wasn't a country but rather,"Um continente!" . I answered " Estados Unidos e um continente tambem,mas costa a costa!" He looked at me rather disappointedly and said " Certo!".(That's True!) In 2015 I think his answer would be somewhat different.

Yeah, this analogy shows a really deep understanding of politics and how the world works. The guy who beats his own wife and is good buddies with other guys that beat their wives, pick and chooses which families with domestic violence issues in the neighborhood he will butt into based on how much he likes (or doesn't) the husband. What could possibly go wrong when one adopts such a hypocritical and self-serving righteousness?

Really the whole thing is disastrously sad people are dying over stupid ignorant ideologies and politics. But even in these forums we see it. The local legal immigration expert lawyer dude supports a government that is obviously and out outrageously corrupt and lying about everything from inflation to the secret service. But yet these corrupt men with shallow minds just cannot grasp truth they cannot take it for what it really is. To me It is like alcoholism they are just addicted to the corruption and in utter denial. You cannot reach them they are just gone.

That is not to say they (the believers in corruption excluding the leaders) are all bad people it is obviously a mental illness and very hard to treat and correct. The only way recovery happens is with a coming to grips with the truth. But a mind addicted to corruption very rarely comes to the truth of its own free will.

Back