will having a baby mean residency?

syngirl said:
You will be able to get a DNI here. Your husband doesn't get anything out of the deal, sorry! It is meant to enable the mother and child to be able to stay together. One of my friend's still hasn't put through the papers because she said it's just as much a hassle as applying for residency (her baby is now almost 18months old!). So it's a process, but you will get approved at the end.

It is as much a hassle as applying for residency precisely because it IS applying for residency, and I believe that the DNI will only be issued to a foreigner after receiving temporary or permanent residency.

If it's all about the mother and child there probably won't be any questions about income or need to show a marriage license.

It's too bad Dad gets left out of the equation.

Ya just can't legislate family values, can ya?

(Who does that sound like?)

No, it isn't Dudester, but I'd bet he'd get it right on the first guess.

steveinbsas said:
It is as much a hassle as applying for residency precisely because it IS applying for residency, and I believe that the DNI will only be issued to a foreigner after receiving temporary or permanent residency.

If it's all about the mother and child there probably won't be any questions about income or need to show a marriage license.

It's too bad Dad gets left out of the equation.

Ya just can't legislate family values, can ya?

(Who does that sound like?)

No, it isn't Dudester.

the father does egt residency as well ( remember that if you are married to an Argentine citizen or perm resident you get teh same status ) So the three of you will have residency, but for different reasons: baby cos he is born here, mom cos she is the mom lol! dad cos is married to mom that is a perm resident.
nik

nikad said:
the father does egt residency as well ( remember that if you are married to an Argentine citizen or perm resident you get teh same status ) So the three of you will have residency, but for different reasons: baby cos he is born here, mom cos she is the mom lol! dad cos is married to mom that is a perm resident.
nik

Thanks, Nik, I was hoping that was the case.

It is on the migraciones website.

B) DOCUMENTACION DE ENCUADRE MIGRATORIO: RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE
Además de la documentación personal, la persona que desee radicarse en forma definitiva o permanente, deberá acompañar documentación específica en relación al criterio de admisión invocado, a saber:

- Padre o madre radicado/a: el interesado debe ser soltero y menor de 21 años, debiendo acompañar el DNI del padre o madre radicado/a y partida de nacimiento propia.

Back