Witness

recapitulation

Registered
The worst thing that's happened to me was having my wallet pick pocketed in a club. This has been a crazy couple of months though. Is anyone else noticing an uptick in violence or are we just anomalies?

A month or two ago around 4 or 5pm in DeliCity near Sante Fe (Palermo) - a guy who kept his motorcycle helmet on robbed the wallets of all the patrons. My fiance was reading a book outside and wasn't approached, he just snatched up his backpack off a chair as the motorcycle went by. They also didn't grab for an older lady's purse that was on the sidewalk where they were passing. I wasn't keeping track, so I don't remember the date.

Fast forward to this weekend:
July 3 - Decata 6:30pm in Palermo Hollywood, a guy on a motorcycle stole the laptop of a patron inside and stuck a gun in my fiance's face that may or may not have been real. He didn't give up his laptop which he'd already put on the floor. They had a stare down and the guy left. We don't know if the gun was real or loaded. The guy took off on his motorcycle and another guy outside who may or may not have been a spotter asked if my fiance had been robbed.
July 3 - Around 7:00pm - Cabildo & Lacrosse - A street vendor selling dvd's had 4 municipalidad or roughly city watch people in vests start beating him up. When another Argentine man stopped to stay hey, don't beat him up he's just trying to make a living and pushed one of the neighborhood watch people. They beat him up and the city police intervened
July 4 - Around 8:15pm teens in hoodies with pipes ran through Bond Street on Sante Fe and broke the glass of all the shops. No one was hurt, but the big chunk of glass for the tattoo parlor went through a chair where one of the employees had been sitting less than 15 minutes before.

Lady had her purse stolen this evening (9pm) on the corner of our block, heard her yelling and screaming. A guy and his son on motorbike were the culprits, they got away.

July 3 - Around 7:00pm - Cabildo & Lacrosse - A street vendor selling dvd's had 4 municipalidad or roughly city watch people in vests start beating him up. When another Argentine man stopped to stay hey, don't beat him up he's just trying to make a living and pushed one of the neighborhood watch people. They beat him up and the city police intervened

This is typical Macri. They are persecuting manteros, they are obligating to not to sell on the streets. Remember the main source of money from that people is selling this stuff on the streets... and its not the same if they get all toghether in a fair, away from the streets, like he wants to do. Anyway, is illegal so is debatable (half of the people dont like them, but the other half buy stuff from them). The thing is the way they do it, violently.

Back in 2008 I recieved a phone call, a poll of what would be Macris measures towards the city. And one question I remember was what to do with the villas, eliminate them, urbanise them, integrate them, give them legal status, etc, and the question was soooooooo biased to eliminate them, like, "do you think that urbanize is a real solution?" or something like that. I was sure urbanize them should have won, and of course this problem suddenly evaporated from Macris agenda (he never EVER talked again of the problem). BTW theres a youtube video of Macri praising Cacciatore (the BsAs chief during the dictatorship) that with the reason of the 1978 World Cup he ran over the villas with a bulldozer.

Yeah, I've seen the motorbike thing before, and usually it's one rider and a person on back. Once a woman on the side walk on Cordoba and Thames had her purse snatched, another time I saw a guy trying to flag a cab off of Cordoba with something in his hand, and the people on the motorbike stole whatever was in his hand. A young man jumped on one of the buses that have an entry right before the last row. He tried and and failed to grab a women's heavy purse before jumping off; that was near microcentro. Anyways, that sort of stuff (pick-pocketing) doesn't seem that out of place in major cities. It's the other stuff that I'm curious about to see if we've just had a run of crappy luck or if others have seen/experienced it as well.

A few weeks ago, a guy with died blond hair and a girl on a motorcycle (motochorros) attempted to grab my brand new smart phone, they didn't succeed and I ended up chasing them in the heavy traffic...luckily I was not able to get to them cause maybe I could have been shot or hurt as I was too angry to stop.
The problem we have here is that Cristina controls the biggest police force - the federal police...and she deliberately makes sure that criminals go unpunished especially here on Macri territory (Capital Federal)..and to top it off there are 'closet' K supporters masquerading as 'anti' Macri (some lurk these forums)...these 'anti Macri' types would be happy to see an increase in uncontrolled illegal activities on the streets such as illegal street vendors who block footpaths and don't pay taxes, trapitos, drug dealers, pickpockets and all the rest that follows etc etc...they are the first to criticize/sabotage Macri and the policia metropolitana if the city attempts to crack down on crime..in general, don't expect it to get any better while Cristina and her mob of supporters are in control of this country.

A few weeks ago, a guy with died blond hair and a girl on a motorcycle (motochorros) attempted to grab my brand new smart phone, they didn't succeed and I ended up chasing them in the heavy traffic...luckily I was not able to get to them cause maybe I could have been shot or hurt as I was too angry to stop.
The problem we have here is that Cristina controls the biggest police force - the federal police...and she deliberately makes sure that criminals go unpunished especially here on Macri territory (Capital Federal)..and to top it off there are 'closet' K supporters masquerading as 'anti' Macri (some lurk these forums)...these 'anti Macri' types would be happy to see an increase in uncontrolled illegal activities on the streets such as illegal street vendors who block footpaths and don't pay taxes, trapitos, drug dealers, pickpockets and all the rest that follows etc etc...they are the first to criticize/sabotage Macri and the policia metropolitana if the city attempts to crack down on crime..in general, don't expect it to get any better while Cristina and her mob of supporters are in control of this country.

Hi,

How are you dealing with your sad life? Not very well me presumes.

PFA does not make the law, if the Police get a criminal lock him up until he sees a judge and then is free, well, tell me cleaver boy (sic), who is set him up free, Cristina?

Please, go to another forum to spreed your political propaganda.

Cheers!

Hi,

How are you dealing with your sad life? Not very well me presumes.

PFA does not make the law, if the Police get a criminal lock him up until he sees a judge and then is free, well, tell me cleaver boy (sic), who is set him up free, Cristina?

Please, go to another forum to spreed your political propaganda.

Cheers!
You really need to learn how to communicate with people who don't share your opinion - it's part of being an adult. In your case you could easily remove the first and last sentence and still get your point across.

Back