Work Visa Renewal

Hop said:
I read on the migraciones website and was told by an immigrations officer that there is a 30 day grace period after your work visa expires. My understanding is that if you go to migraciones to renew the visa within 30 days after it expires, you shouldn't have to start from zero.

I believe there is a 50% additional charge if you renew any temporary resident visa or ask for an extension of a "tourist visa" during the 30 day grace period. This would be $300 extra pesos for the "work visa" as well as the rentista or pensionado and $150 for the tourist visa. I don't recommend that anyone do the latter (just pay the $300 on departutre).

I have an other question with regards Work Visa. at present am in Buenos Aires working with valid work visa which is valid till 28 the of Sept since am on contract i am asked to quit on 24the sept. Ohh sorry, I am from India.
Now am searching for an other job But i haven't knocked my employer yet to renew my visa ... My question is can I renew my visa with my DNI, Salary Slips and a letter which was given to me a month back stating i am working with the same company ... this letter was just given for my reference to apply for a new phone connection ...

Your help is greatly appreciated.

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
My question is can I renew my visa with my DNI, Salary Slips and a letter which was given to me a month back stating i am working with the same company ... this letter was just given for my reference to apply for a new phone connection.

Consider the following:

schef4711 said:
...be sure that if you have a time limited contract (like 1 year) that you have a renewed one before you go to Migraciones. If you have a "non limit" contract you don't need it but it is better to have a copy with you because often they want to have one again and again.

You already have a DNI. You can apply for citizenship using the letter and salary slips you already have if you want to stay in Argentina. You might not even need the letter, but I suggest you take it (and a photocopy of it) with you when you apply. Be sure it is less than 60 days old when you do.

I have my DNI but even in the DNI they have mentioned the expiry date as 28th Sep. If I could apply for my Citizen ship could you be kind enough to give me some information.

I have all my salary slips for last 10 Months.
My Local Police verification certificate.
DNI
Passport
Offer letter
and Employment confirmation letter.

Honestly i suffered a lot to take my DNI. Anyways am gonna write the process about that very soon.

What is the date of your first entry into Argentina?

If is is more than one year ago you may be able to begin the application for citizenship immediately.

I think you already have all the documents you need. You didn't mention birth certificate, but if you are in Capital Federal you don't need it (according to Bajo_cero2).

have been here for the last 10 months, i.e 28th of Sep 2010, Yes as you mentioned i do have the birth certificate with the appostile from my country.

Am aware that I can go to Uruguay and come where I get an other 3 months extention, But am not really happy to wait and take the risk, and as you know most of the employers who recruit foreign workers, they request for a valid work permit. So, I wanna be on the safe ship but still wondering how ?

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
Am aware that I can go to Uruguay and come where I get an other 3 months extention

I hope you're aware that as an Indian, you need a visa to enter Uruguay and that visa expires when your DNI does.

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
have been here for the last 10 months, i.e 28th of Sep 2010, Yes as you mentioned i do have the birth certificate with the appostile from my country.

Am aware that I can go to Uruguay and come where I get an other 3 months extention, But am not really happy to wait and take the risk, and as you know most of the employers who recruit foreign workers, they request for a valid work permit. So, I wanna be on the safe ship but still wondering how ?

I understand what you are saying, but if you are going to get a new job your new employer will have to "sponsor" your new work visa. You don't actually have a "work permit" that allows you to take any job (at least as far as I know).

You will have a "pay stub" for your last week of work near the end of September. I think you can use this when you apply for citizenship even if you don't have a new job.

You don't need to go to Uruguay (or get another 90 days as a tourist). (Thanks, cafeconleche).

PS: When it comes to citizenship Argentina is very "immigrant friendly" and will undoubtedly benefit from individuals like you who want to do the right thing.

Try to relax. I think you will be fine.

Am sorry, Hope i have'nt put it across in a rignt way.

Yes, as you told the new employer has to renew my visa but its pretty complicated to find a employer who could employee me without a renewed visa.

Hope you are with me !

So, I thought why not renew my visa and then search for a new job. I hope that should be easy to get one.

Yes, I was told abt the pay stub and am glad that i can use it for my visa process, But still am not satisfied with the solution. Moreover an so poor in spanish, Most of the Argentine gov websites are in spanish.

But I really thank BAEXPATS to be so helpful for foriegners like me.

As Cafeconleche told, Yes the visa would expire if am going after 28th Sep 2011, If its before, then I guess I can have another 90 days ! am I sounding right ?

Back