Work Visa Renewal

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
As Cafeconleche told, Yes the visa would expire if am going after 28th Sep 2011, If its before, then I guess I can have another 90 days ! am I sounding right ?

No. You need to apply for an Uruguay visa here in BA to enter Uruguay. That visa will be valid up to Sept 28. It does not make any difference to your Argentina visa.

Well,

Had been to singapore for a month and i thought I need to spend an other couple of weeks but I could'nt as i had just 1 month Visa. So I travelled across Malayasia just for 2 days and i returned back to Singapore where I got an other 30 days extention in my visa. So, I project the same with Bs As and Uruguay ...I am leaving to Uruguay by Sept 20th then back in 2 days hope they can extend my stay for an other 90 days ?

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
Well,

Had been to singapore for a month and i thought I need to spend an other couple of weeks but I could'nt as i had just 1 month Visa. So I travelled across Malayasia just for 2 days and i returned back to Singapore where I got an other 30 days extention in my visa. So, I project the same with Bs As am leaving to Uruguay by Sept 20th then back in 2 days hope they can extend my stay for an other 90 days ?

Don't project anything when it comes to visas. I think you're not following my point. I suggest you email the Uruguay consulate in Buenos Aires to get a clearer idea.

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
Am sorry, Hope i have'nt put it across in a rignt way.

Yes, as you told the new employer has to renew my visa but its pretty complicated to find a employer who could employee me without a renewed visa.

Hope you are with me !

So, I thought why not renew my visa and then search for a new job. I hope that should be easy to get one.

Yes, I was told abt the pay stub and am glad that i can use it for my visa process, But still am not satisfied with the solution. Moreover an so poor in spanish, Most of the Argentine gov websites are in spanish.

But I really thank BAEXPATS to be so helpful for foriegners like me.

I don't think you can renew the "work visa" you have unless you continue to work for your present employer. If you find a new job you will have to apply for a new work permit.

schef4711 said:
...be sure that if you have a time limited contract (like 1 year) that you have a renewed one before you go to Migraciones. If you have a "non limit" contract you don't need it but it is better to have a copy with you because often they want to have one again and again.

Going to Uruguay to get a 90 day tourist visa really won't make any difference except to make things more difficult for you. If you can find a new job you will be able to apply for a new work permit even though your present one will have expired. No one from migraciones is going to come looking for you. If you do have a problem and have already applied for citizenship you can ask the judge for a writ to stay an order of deportation, but that is very unlikely. Keep a lawyer's phone number in your wallet just in case.

You can apply for citizenship on the 29th of September. Your last pay stub will be helpful in the citizenship process but without a new contract from your present employer you will not be able to renew your present visa.

steveinbsas said:
I don't think you can renew the "work visa" you have unless you continue to work for your present employer. If you find a new job you will have to apply for a new work permit.

The work visa can be renewed with a different employer but the employee needs to present the alta temprana from AFIP and proof the employer is registered with RENURE (Registro Nacional Único de Requirentes Extranjeros) along with regular work visa renewal requirements.

En caso de nuevo empleador, deberá presentar además de la continuidad laboral alta temprana ante la AFIP (Administración Federal de Ingresos Públicos) y constancia de inscripción del empleador en el RENURE de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones.

Well noted,

Am just thinking of talking to a senior manager with my present employer and request for a work visa extention for an other year and also explaine him that i would take the responsiblity of expence with regards visa ...

Do you think is this a better Idea ?

prabhu.mohanraaj said:
Am just thinking of talking to a senior manager with my present employer and request for a work visa extention for an other year and also explaine him that i would take the responsiblity of expence with regards visa ...

Do you think is this a better Idea ?

I don't think this is a good idea. It might have terrible consequences for you.

Having a fraudulent visa would be worse than having no visa.

First of all I doubt your employer would be willing to do this. Companies with foreign workers are under greater scrutiny from AFIP. If they check and find out you aren't working there and aren't being paid your work visa would not be valid. If they discover you weren't working or paid after the first visa expired they could conclude that you obtained the renewal by fraudulent means. Your employer could have a problem for doing this (and not reporting that your employment has ended) and you could face prosecution and deportation if this information is shared with migraciones.

The renewed visa will not be of any use in getting a new job, either. Any prospective employer who tells you that you must have a work permit first is probably not registered with AFIP to hire foreigners. They may not even know the correct procedure if that is the case.

You don't need to live in fear of not having a valid visa....and you really shouldn't. How many times have you been stopped and asked to prove that you have any kind of visa? This has never happened to me or anyone I know. Recently, a policeman was at my house looking for someone who lives a few blocks from me. He did ask my name and my document number but he did not ask to see it.

As I previously wrote in this thread, if you find a new job after your present visa expires you will have to go through the entire visa process all over again, but nothing bad will happen because your present visa expired first. If you apply for citizenship on the 29th of September and can only find a job "en negro" it will not have a negative impact on you application for citizenship. Neither will living in Argentina without a valid visa.

Yes I just realized, few months back I saw the Migration officials had come to office, may be for the verification i believe. Anyway, i could understand what you meant. so my next step is to search for a better job who can employ a foreign worker as i have only limited time now.

A small clarification, as you guided me to apply for the citizenship on 29th Sep do i need to go the migration office or could i consult a immigration lawyer ? If I apply for the Citizenship how long is the process ? Will they ask for my Employment ?

Only the federal court has the power to grant citizenship. DO NOT go to the migracion office. They have nothing to do with granting citizenship (except to confirm the date of entry into Argentina and your DNI will show that date).

There is a two year "residency" requirement for citizenship, but as the process takes a year, you may be able to start after being in Argentina for one year and one day.

Yes, they will want to know that you have a "legal" means of living but that does not mean you have to have a work visa. I am not a lawyer but I have learned a great deal about it as I am five months into the process of getting citizenship at this time.

Bajo_cero2 (a member of this forum) is a lawyer who specializes in citizenship for foreigners. I suggest you contact him.

Just one small clarification Steve. It is more correct to talk about an "honest way of living or occupation". This is regarding facts instead of a legal standard (legal work means you have a working permit, you pay taxes, etc). You need to have a work even under the table, savings or have some kind of honest occupation like studying. However, this is not automatic, judges ask for legal work but I can enforce the Chamber precedents I already won in order to make the process possible.

prabhu.mohanraaj, send me a PM.

Regards

Back