Working In Argentina With Double Nationality

Hey, I'm not the one who was critical of the Argentinians who got Italian citizenship through family ties. I just found it surprising that you were so harsh on them when you benefitted from a system that's even more random (seeing how it's an actual lottery). Personally, I think anyone who's not a criminal and is able to make an honest living in any country should be allowed to reside there.

Idealistically I agree with the phrase above but then who will stay in Africa and a good part of Latin America? And while very sad to realize, there are now over 3million refugees from Syria who are living like caged animals in refugee camps and no one wants them! no onw ever said life was fait because IT AIN'T!!!

Hey, I'm not the one who was critical of the Argentinians who got Italian citizenship through family ties. I just found it surprising that you were so harsh on them when you benefitted from a system that's even more random (seeing how it's an actual lottery). Personally, I think anyone who's not a criminal and is able to make an honest living in any country should be allowed to reside there.
There are a couple differences between the DV lottery and the citizenship by blood:
  • The first is an equal opportunity, the second is not.
  • The first gives you a privilege, the second gives you rights
I would be curious to know how many italo-americans or italo-argentinians really treat their double citizenship as such. For example, you must report any change of family status to the nearest Italian embassy, i.e. you get married, you have a child, someone in your family who is also a citizen dies, you divorce, etc. If I were to talk about your citizenship in these terms, you would be disgusted and call me a parasite.

I have double nationality and am very grateful for it as it opens so many doors for me which others do not unfortunately have! The best thing around(obviously depending on the other nationality!)

Back