World Corruption Index for 2018 is out .....

The World Economic Forum (WEF) publishes an annual Global Competitiveness Report, and its 2018 report ranks Argentina as 81st in competitiveness out of the 140 countries surveyed in the report. The WEF doesn't publish a separate corruption report, but includes "incidence of corruption" as a criterion in its report. In the WEF's Global Competitiveness Report for 2018, Argentina is ranked 73 in "incidence of corruption." The link to the report is here.

Transparency International (TI) is the organization that studies and reports on global corruption. Unlike the WEF, whose report examines competitiveness (of which corruption is just one factor), TI only examines corruption. Their 2017 Corruption Index for 2017 ranks Argentina 85th out of 140 countries surveyed in the index (for comparative purposes, Uruguay is ranked 23rd and Chile is ranked 26th. The link to the index is here. TI just concluded its annual conference, and I would expect the 2018 index to be published soon.

So...a little fact-checking...competitiveness is not the same thing as corruption. The first posts on this thread (inadvertenly) conflated the two terms in referencing the WEF Report, which studies competitiveness and includes corruption as one of many criteria in ranking competitiveness.

Argentina's competitiveness ranking (according to WEF) - 81st out of 140 countries

Argentina's corruption ranking (according to TI) - 85th out of 140 countries

This forum loves to traffic in fake news and misleading news and "the sky is falling" news and "Argentina is the worst" news, so I felt compelled to provide real and accurate news that cites sources.

The sky is not falling and Argentina is not the worst. If you think so, then perhaps you shouldn't be a BA expat.
, so I felt compelled to

The politicians have made corruption legal in the US they call it lobbying among other things.

You and Crema Americana are hilarious (I say this facetiously). You two love to shit on everything.

The US in indeed included in Transparency International's Index. Their 2017 index ranks the US 16th out of 140 countries, tied score-wise with Austria and Belgium. I would not be surprised to see a lower ranking for the US in the 2018 index.

Can you provide a source for your claim that the 2018 Corruption Perpections Index is out? A link? I think you have (inadvertently) propagated fake news...

Yeah, I'm not opening an attachment...do you have a URL link?

Can you provide a source for your claim that the 2018 Corruption Perpections Index is out? A link? I think you have (inadvertently) propagated fake news...

"Inadvertently" is not part of his MO.

Back