world cup viewing for the english

Christ on a bicycle..what are yo people on.....get me some.....there is no way England will meet Argentina in SA....it won't happen so lie down tranquilo.....
I don't speculate...on the winners but...semi-final...will be between four teams...
put yur money on that.....the winners...only one...to be sure...suerte

blackburn said:
Christ on a bicycle..what are yo people on.....get me some.....there is no way England will meet Argentina in SA....it won't happen so lie down tranquilo.....
I don't speculate...on the winners but...semi-final...will be between four teams...
put yur money on that.....the winners...only one...to be sure...suerte

I haven't found a good football bar yet and I'd really like to have a fixed place for the world cup. Much as I like Gibraltar it's not really good for watching football. I'll try the Sugar bar but any other suggestions are welcome.

Come to Mendoza, and watch it at the Believe "Irish" Pub with all the Brits or Brit wannabes!

The Gib is putting in anothe rTV for the World Cup - So may be a good spot - who knows till it kicks off....

I am from Canada and my husband and I and our three kids plan to attend the Argentina vs. Canada game on the 24th. We have our Canadian Tshirts ready. Is it safe to go and advertize we are hoping for the opposition?

Saskatoon said:
I am from Canada and my husband and I and our three kids plan to attend the Argentina vs. Canada game on the 24th. We have our Canadian Tshirts ready. Is it safe to go and advertize we are hoping for the opposition?

Yes, you'll be fine. Unless Canada happens to humiliate Argentina 5-2 and injure Lio Messi in the process.

Canada might beable to humiliate Argentina in a lot of ways but I don't think football is one of them....good luck anyway put a jumper over the top then you have a choice of who sees what...

Saskatoon said:

You should be fine, unless Canada somehow overachieves, and wins or ties. That is very unlikely.

In that unlikely event, I am planning to bring a blue shell to put over my red jersey, and carry a plastic Argie flag in my pocket to balefully grasp with a frown on my face as I pold out of the stadium, eyes downcast. :)

However, the fact that you have kids with you should calm things down. Argies DO respect children a lot, god bless their lil 3rd world souls;).

I was in Iguazu for the 2002 World Cup and went to see the England v Argentina game in a bar full of locals wearing my England shirt, when we effectively eliminated them thanks to Beckham's penalty. Everyone in the bar came and shook my hand afterwards and said "well done and good luck."

For the England v Brasil game I went to the same bar with a shirt that was half England and half Brasil (I was living in Brasil at the time and had had it made before the tournament). Before the game had even started I had been spat at and harrassed and eventually someone came and put a knife at my throat - he was thrown out and the owner got everyone to settle down eventually. My heinous crime........wearing half a Brasil shirt!

mendozanow said:
However, the fact that you have kids with you should calm things down. Argies DO respect children a lot, god bless their lil 3rd world souls

I don't want to be alarmist, but I'm not sure I agree with that.
I always feel far more vulnerable when I'm out and about with my 2 year old. Thieves and hooligans see you as a far easier target if you've got kids with you - they know you can't fight back or give chase. :(

Back