World News On Tv?

johnw100

Registered
Any ideas why cableTV here does not have any news channels that show whats happening in the outside world, and I`m not talking about the Pope when I mean international news. Is it the cost of broadcasting foreign news? or do Argentines generally not care about whats happening elsewhere and would rather watch a roving reporter on a beach in Mar Del Plata/Carlos Paz (delete as applicable) asking what a sunbather has in their lunchbox?

i dont understand,your question,you want to watch international news or not?

Yes I`d like to turn on the tv and see something else thats happening in the world, we have 4-5 news channels and its generally local politics, murders,rapes,car accidents, mar del plata/carlos paz. Just seems strange they dont broadcast anything from international news on the cablevision network.

I also wish we had more international news and not only je suis charlie and the like
i have cablevision no more deutsche welle ,TV5 from France, BBC only CNN en espanol which like CNN gets old so fast RAI and TVespanola
One of the stations has 1 minute of intl recap news! thats it!
I listen to intl radio stations for my news

I also wish we had more international news and not only je suis charlie and the like
i have cablevision no more deutsche welle ,TV5 from France, BBC only CNN en espanol which like CNN gets old so fast RAI and TVespanola
One of the stations has 1 minute of intl recap news! thats it!
I listen to intl radio stations for my news
Well,i dont k now what cable do you have,but I have cable vision and get most of the major european channels,plus cnn,i think fox,and even the garbage alljazeera,I have bbc too,in fact,2 different bbc channels,one news,the other one shows and documentary,my favorite channel.
How much international news you get in the average american channel?probably the same as here.

Well,i dont k now what cable do you have,but I have cable vision and get most of the major european channels,plus cnn,i think fox,and even the garbage alljazeera,I have bbc too,in fact,2 different bbc channels,one news,the other one shows and documentary,my favorite channel.
How much international news you get in the average american channel?probably the same as here.

I have cablevision, get 1 BBC, FOX, CNN, no Aljazeera (which is not garbage anyway), no major European channels, no other BBC, where are they so I can see them? Besides, I think the OP was asking why Argentine news channels do not cover international news as is the norm in Europe and North America to cover happenings around the world.

I have cablevision, get 1 BBC, FOX, CNN, no Aljazeera (which is not garbage anyway), no major European channels, no other BBC, where are they so I can see them? Besides, I think the OP was asking why Argentine news channels do not cover international news as is the norm in Europe and North America to cover happenings around the world.
Sorry,but is not the norm in the us,at least.
I have cablevision hd,do you have the same?the other bbc,is in channel 669
all the news channel are after the number 500
its free market,the cable provider gives what the public asks,im sure

I wouldnt know i`m not American but compared to British news which is probably half the time international but here its non-existant on the channels we have. Think we have a different cablevision because I dont get cnn,bbc,etc . We have tve and rai but the Argentine news channels never show anything from abroad, unless the Pope or Messi is involved.

Back