World News On Tv?

I wouldnt know i`m not American but compared to British news which is probably half the time international but here its non-existant on the channels we have. Think we have a different cablevision because I dont get cnn,bbc,etc . We have tve and rai but the Argentine news channels never show anything from abroad, unless the Pope or Messi is involved.
Do you have HD?or just regular tv with old fashioned tube tv set?

Just a coax cable supplied by cablevision. Tune in the tv and it gives you about 100 channels. Get fox sports, espn ,etc but no cnn,bbc,etc.

Any ideas why cableTV here does not have any news channels that show whats happening in the outside world, and I`m not talking about the Pope when I mean international news. Is it the cost of broadcasting foreign news? or do Argentines generally not care about whats happening elsewhere and would rather watch a roving reporter on a beach in Mar Del Plata/Carlos Paz (delete as applicable) asking what a sunbather has in their lunchbox?
I have BBC and CNN on cable, not sure they broadcast international news.

Thats maybe the problem,you dont have digital tv, just normal cable,go to cablevision and ask for digitial.

I have BBC and CNN on cable, not sure they broadcast international news.

BBC definately broadcasts international news, it is BBC World I think.

Re Ariel. My experience of news channels in the US is that they do show international news, certainly much more than is being shown on news channels here. Admittetly, not as much as the BBC or other world channels though, most international news in the US is because it directly impacts the US. I wonder if the lack of international coverage on Argentine news channels is because the country is not a big player, so to speak, on the international stage. Obviously UK and US (others too of course) channels shows more international news because those nations are more impacted by international events.

Any ideas why cableTV here does not have any news channels that show whats happening in the outside world, and I`m not talking about the Pope when I mean international news. Is it the cost of broadcasting foreign news? or do Argentines generally not care about whats happening elsewhere and would rather watch a roving reporter on a beach in Mar Del Plata/Carlos Paz (delete as applicable) asking what a sunbather has in their lunchbox?

To Argentinos, there is no news outside of Argentina, unless it directly involves an Argentino, or a buzzard (or English Prime Minister) trying to do harm to an Argentino.

BBC definately broadcasts international news, it is BBC World I think.

Re Ariel. My experience of news channels in the US is that they do show international news, certainly much more than is being shown on news channels here. Admittetly, not as much as the BBC or other world channels though, most international news in the US is because it directly impacts the US. I wonder if the lack of international coverage on Argentine news channels is because the country is not a big player, so to speak, on the international stage. Obviously UK and US (others too of course) channels shows more international news because those nations are more impacted by international events.
Maybe its because so much happaens inside here...but yes,news channels here,leave a lot to be desired
Well,dont know,if that is the case,why americans are so uninformed of what happens in the world?

Speaking of Argentine news, how about the stories with endless repetition of the same 30 seconds of video ad nauseam?

And, of course, carrying on the same story for three weeks, with the same 30 seconds of video...

Back