Worst damn cellular data in the world?

PhilipDT

Registered
Nik talking about Movistar. Not only is it hair pullingly slow it just doesn't fin work most of the time!!!! Are Claro or Personal any better?

When I am in a service zone, Claro works perfectly well for data on my blackberry. The only problem is that a good number of places in the capital aren't covered by Claro, including my old apartment. It is finicky. I've heard Personal and Movistar are actually better. I am switching from Claro to Movistar or Personal this month.

My boyfriend has a Blackberry with Personal... it works great for what he uses it for.. texting, emails, and talking... but browsing the internet is painfully slow and usually not worth it.

What problems do you have exactly? My mobistar is fine. Only problem is that 3G is not stable and has its 'off-days', when it is quite annoying.

Have been using all three networks (Claro/Movistar/Personal) - my, somewhat subjective, observations:

- Claro = best coverage on the ruta and out in the province, but I found myself without signal at times downtown (I am not using it any longer)
- Movistar = best coverage on the Rio (if you are out sailing), sometimes lousy 3G
- Personal = speedy 3G/EDGE in the downtown, not that well out in the country

If you are most of the times just staying in the city, I think your best choice would be the Personal Black no-worries-all-included-plan...

I'm pretty much only using my phone in capital. I do a fair amount of web browsing and like to stream NPR in the morning on my way to work. My problem is that movistar has really crappy 3G coverage that comes and goes and each time my phone hops networks it takes a bit to get back going.

Then sometimes the wireless data just doesn't work.

I think the Movistar 3G is getting worse and worse... I am constantly on EDGE or have no signal at all...

Movistar data on a cell phone sucks

Claro 3G USB dongle works like a charm. Unlimited bandwidth too! A million better than Movistar

You know what its been doing for the last 15 min? NOT FUCKING WORKING! This my problem it arbitrarily doesnt work for random 5-20 minute periods several times through out the day. Its not just slow, that I could actually deal with it just doesnt work!

Ugh, maddening. Seriously

Back