Worst damn cellular data in the world?

Are you all on contract plans?
Or do some of you use 3G on prepago?

El Duderino said:
I'm on a contract plan with Claro. Not sure why that would matter though.
Only because 3g works great on my iphone with Movistar, but sucks up the credit like a golf ball through a hosepipe!

Gringoboy said:
Only because 3g works great on my iphone with Movistar, but sucks up the credit like a golf ball through a hosepipe!

My wife (Argentine) got me on her plan for my iPhone. Thank god I do not have to deal with pre-pago and texting to get data every other day! That was a pain in the ass...

I got the same iPhone plan with Claro since +2 years, paying 229$ for unlimited internet (no cap on GB traffic... he he.. Since I tethered it to connect my PC, I download up to 3GB a night of data).

Claro's customer service is really aweful though but well, can't complain too much since they don't cap the GB use.

I noted the 3G works really bad during & after rains but Claro can be accessed from almost everywhere in the Province. In the Centro, Claro sucks (no 3G, no signal at all at times & such).

I'm on pay as you go, but sorta flat. A bit pricey though, like 300 pesos a month. But, it works damn fast when signal is good. Latency is low and upload speed over 2mb/s

Gringoboy said:

(hard to spell correctly in English, anyone is invited to correct) -> Did you tether/JB it and installed an app called something like BossPrefs (if I recall ?).

That's because an iPhone, even if it is not used, will regurarly connect to the net (background apps) to collect data. This "bossprefs" app blocks those background attempts to connect to the Internet.

The actual $/mb is pretty much 0 for a prepaid internet package. I think he just means the sum of having to pay 10 pesos every other day adds up.

PhilipDT said:
The actual $/mb is pretty much 0 for a prepaid internet package. I think he just means the sum of having to pay 10 pesos every other day adds up.

I pay AR$10 a day more or less

Back