Worst Stupid Bureaucracy Story?

I know a fellow (he is Australian) that married an Argentine lady in England a while ago. Unfortunately they got divorced (here in BA) a few years later - Or so he thought.

He is now engaged to another Argentine and has applied for a spousal visa so that he can return to Australia with her.

However, alas, apparently he is still married to his first Argentine bride. Aussie immigration have found this out and his spousal visa is in jeopardy now, despite his pleas that he really is a good bloke and it is all a big misunderstanding.
There is further pain in store for the protagonist in this instance, as his fiancé (current) is thoroughly unimpressed with the poor administration of his initial marriage and subsequent divorce :blink:

He is trying to confirm his divorce now via UK civil law / paperwork / hoop jumping or whatever it is that needs to be done.

Sorry, I don't have any advice for you - but I thought this story would provide a bit of third party empathy. There are always others in a similar boat.

I wanted to name my son after my father (it was only on the list in short form) and had to write a long begging essay on a form given to me at the registro civil about why I should be allowed to do so.
Actually, the worst part was, in between getting the name approved and getting the passport (huge delay due to changeover from policia federal to registro civil in 2011), I didn't make it home in time to say goodbye to my father or introduce him to his new grandson before he passed away. Bureaucracy is the pits....

Registered as a permanent resident, pretty easy. Legalising our marriage here, again pretty straighforward. We read all the requirements and ensured we complied.

Honestly, I can't see the issue if you read the requirements in advance it's fairly clear what you need to present. You have to accept the tramite culture and prepare yourself correctly before attempting said tramite.

I agree with you. When we read the requirements we should have seen it. But we didn't. If you can find it I'd love to see it.

I, too, have a fingerprint story. When I applied for a dni I had my fingerprints taken twice. Once at a large police station in BsAs then at a station in Miami Beach. Both times the FBI rejected the prints and unreadable.
That was the end of my DNI but it might be the beginning of a career as a criminal (leaving no readable prints at thE crime scene)

Try Uruguay, recently our family tried to exit Uruguay for a brief holiday in Argentina with our children, so we had to present their Birth Certificates at the border. Although both parents were present, we all had valid Cedulas, Passports, a Libro de Matrimonio and Birth Certificates, the Uruguayan border guards refused to acept our Uruguayan issued Birth Certificates (Argentina was ok with them!) because they claimed that Uruguayan birth certificates are only valid for 90 days after being issued, and ours were four months old. We were told to return to Montevideo, to the only office that issues foreigner's birth certificates, wait three days and buy new birth certificates before we could leave the country, or alternatively to leave the children at the border. So much for the most humanitarian, socially progressive country in the Americas!. Tell me how can a birth certificate theoretically have an expiration date, and how often do the parents on a birth certificate change?

Back