Worthless Napkins!!

Years ago this was VERY similar to toilet paper in France! you think it's messy trying to eat using them, try doing something else!

Have you been to any places where they just cut up squares of regular brown paper and use those for napkins? Worst ever.

I'm also surprised that this discussion hasn't led to to a discussion of the paper towels one finds in the supermarkets here. Even the highest quality paper towels I've been able to find disintegrate completely as soon as they get wet. (I've actually found an exception, but good luck finding them. I have a couple rolls stashed away, but I haven't seen them for a year. They might even be able to give the quicker-picker-upper a run for their money. They're even billed as reusable; I've had to fight my wife to keep her from trying to wash them in the lavaropas.)

3scott.png

And don't miss the video!
http://www.solucionesscott.com/

Here In former Czechoslovakia until about 10 years ago, a one -ply napkin which is normally folded into four was cut with a knife into 4 seperate napkins!
it still exists in a very few places as does being charged for ketchup, mayonaise,milk for coffee etc in restaurants

Its true. Paper products in general are frustrating here. I can't tell you how many times the tissue seems to have disintegrated in my hand after I blew my nose.

it still exists in a very few places as does being charged for ketchup, mayonaise,milk for coffee etc in restaurants

McDonald's in Italy charges you for ketchup and mayonnaise, which should be ordered at the cashier's. Every time I forget this and ask for some ketchup and they ask me €0,10, I complain a lot. I understand they had to do it since Italian customers raided the stocks when they were free, but if they'd put the dispensers like in the US, there would be no way to take the stuff home.

I agree with the napkin and toilet paper complaints, we should start a pulp and paper company and get rich ourselves.

Those napkins are useless but hey, I got the same in a few pizza joints while in the US!
To me they always bring some nostalgia, as they were all over the place when I was growing up, now they are not so common really.

Yes, I too hate those napkins. Reminds me of the one-ply toilet paper you'd find in restaurant restrooms.
You can basically see through it and it's got some sort of resin on it, like a wax sort of of. Also reminds
me of wax paper.

Back