Would love to meet creative types that are really putting down roots here.

Please, no venues with tango!

Not only do I not like it, but the idea us to get to know one another :)

I was actually hoping to go get drinks somewhere...

I could be up for this. I'm tentatively going to a wine tasting beforehand, so I might not arrive until ~9:30pm+.

Hopefully people will still be creatively drinking at that time.

Hi, I would be interested in such a group. I'm a painter, have been here for about 11 months, plan to stay long-term.

*Whipping out trusty _Lonely Planet_ guidebook*

I also vote for Palermo.

In Palermo, recommended watering holes that look promising:
1. Antares- Description: "a relaxed beer bar with outdoor seating and locally brewed ales" on Armenia down by the Polo club.
2. Sugar- "a lively expat watering hole with bargain-priced drinks specials and comfort food like falafels and chicken wings" on Costa Rica near Plaza Serrano
3. Van Koning- "rustic Dutch-themed pub, bars on two floors serve 40 kinds of brews." Baez also by the polo grounds
4. Mundo Bizarro- "futuristically retro and stylish with music and bar food from burgers to shish kebabs" Serrrano (Serrano and Cordoba)

I've never been to any of these, so have no personal knowledge, but they look promising. Also have no dog in this fight. Open to all suggestions.

JoeBlow said:
Ok, this must be the place the place egnichols mentioned:

http://www.cervezaantares.com/local_las_canitas.php

Dirección: Arévalo 2876
Ciudad: Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Provincia: Buenos Aires
Tel.: (011) 4772-2133

Shall we meet Friday May 4th at 8:30pm?

Everybody chill or cool with that?

This is the Las Canitas location. There's also a Palermo location. Either one is fine... though I'll be an additional 20 to 30 minutes late to Las Canitas.

I'll just have to take the 29 vs the 106 or 140...

...perhaps I've been here a while. ;)

Napoleon said:
This is the Las Canitas location. There's also a Palermo location. Either one is fine... though I'll be an additional 20 to 30 minutes late to Las Canitas.

I'll just have to take the 29 vs the 106 or 140...

...perhaps I've been here a while. ;)

Is there any place that suits you better?

JoeBlow said:
Is there any place that suits you better?

Don't cater to me. I've got something earlier and I'm always running late. Cater to the crowd and I'll try to make it.

Plus, I'm much more "creative sounding" if everyone else is about 3 drinks into the night.

:D

I think that the canitas location might work better than the palermo location because it is a little more laid back, and not as crowded. (although I havent been to either recently.) Also, I think happy hour is from 7-8 for people getting there early.

Back