X Things Single People Can Do in Buenos Aires

arg_writer

Registered
Hey All!
I hope this will prove to be a fun thread. I have a few friends that want to date, date, date in 2012 here in Buenos Aires. Does anyone have a place/organization/website or other thing to suggest for a "5 Things Single People can do in Buenos Aires" article?

Keep it fun, useful, and *positive* please!

Gracias

this is funny. I know single women here, I am one, but most of the Expats that wanted to date them are way way much older.....not a good thing. They want an equal not a dad. Sure I am hitting some nerves...I do it with respect though

Yes - sorry, female friends! My friend is early thirties and wouldn't mind someone 10-12 years older if he was the right kind of guy :)

Supercharged ~ where are your friends going to meet people? I'm looking for venues, websites, groups, etc...

Thanks!

good for them. Personally I never went out with a man who is more than a couple of years older and I am keeping it that way (they would be too old anyway considering my age!! and not need for someone that much older). If you find very young ones are there for your funds-trust me- they won't say it-men know it but won't admit it.

Now, there are tons of women available and professional...how old are you?? and do you only speak English only? do you stay in Palermo?

What about going out to Acabar? (no pun intended of course)

They have pretty reasonably priced comfort food and fun cocktails. If you've been there before, you know the whole idea of the place is that have they have tons of different board games. if you go on a Thursday night when there are fewer birthday parties, there is more mingling. If you go in a group of all women, you'll definitely wind up talking to guys, but it's refreshing because it's not really a context where the same cheesy pick-up lines apply. Groups of strangers often wind up pushing their tables together to play a game because they don't have enough players (well, that's the excuse anyway). It's like a more wholesome alternative to the Único Bar down the street.

arg_writer said:
Yes - sorry, female friends! My friend is early thirties and wouldn't mind someone 10-12 years older if he was the right kind of guy :)

Supercharged ~ where are your friends going to meet people? I'm looking for venues, websites, groups, etc...

Thanks!

My friends go to art exhibits, some pubs in San Telmo adn Puerto Madero and they really love to eat out. It was funny the last time we went to La Cabrera we met a few guys-men that were gathered at a different table. Some went out after that for a drink. I rather date non Argentines so for me there is no venue here (I carry major cultural baggage-preferences).

Sorry I can't be more specific:)!

Back