Xmas Rental Nightmare - Advice Please - Where To From Here ?

I'm hearing you guys - and at this stage I am still waiting for him to get back to me - or in this case waiting for him to get back to my partner - so the *waiting around* is not helping - yes, he has ''promised'' to come up with a solution for us but until you have something you have nothing...

Juanito, you seem like too nice of a guy to be manipulated so much by these greedy people...

Yes, do not let them manipulate you. I presume the thought of having you as their guest for up to 2 years has made them see the errors of their ways, I hope that Dr. Santi was helpful, he's a nice man.

I don't like giving advice, but in this case, if you look at this in the cold light of day, don't you think treating this as simply business arrangement would be wiser?
Insist on a written contract as per the law in this country and if that is not forthcoming, walk away.
You know what promises are? Pies in the sky.

Yes - on that one I will be insisting - if we DO sign up for another 1.5 or 2 years it will be in writing that nothing like this happens again... And if they also agree to keep the rent at the present level (least they can do) that would also be an incentive I think - going to see what I *can* get out of them...

Yes - on that one I will be insisting - if we DO sign up for another 1.5 or 2 years it will be in writing that nothing like this happens again... And if they also agree to keep the rent at the present level (least they can do) that would also be an incentive I think - going to see what I *can* get out of them...
Once you enter the game you are toast. You are already on the backside of the screwing. "see what I *can* get out of them"

Can someone with experience of the law please confirm if the owner is required to give notice of contract renewal before the current contract is complete (60 days ???) We are coming to the end of our 2 year lease and need to know if the owner wants to renew the contract for another two years so we can organize alternative accommodation if necessary. The inmobiliaria is saying there is no law that says they have to give us notice - surely there is something to protect the renter?

damn good question - I would like to know the answer to that one myself...

I don't like bumping threads, but still interested in seeing if some law exists to protect the person renting?

Back