Xoom account closed without explanation

WOW MERI, SUCKS!! I'VE BEEN USING XOOM FOR A YEAR NOW, AND IT IS AWESOME Ive never had any problems, i have received gift cards for recommending friends ;)! i say u call again, speck to someone else!! good luck

I had a transfer cancelled for the same reason and it was indeed my fault for not hearing my phone ring all morning while they tried to call and authenticate my identity, so they cancelled the transaction and refunded my card.

I tried again and did answer the phone and that went great. Then they said that More Money was requesting a government issued ID from me and that they were uncomfortable sending it. So as they requested I just wrote a letter on word authorizing them to forward my drivers license (scanned into a PDF) to MM and that they weren't liable. My transfer was completed minutes after that.

irina said:
I had a transfer cancelled for the same reason and it was indeed my fault for not hearing my phone ring all morning while they tried to call and authenticate my identity, so they cancelled the transaction and refunded my card.

I tried again and did answer the phone and that went great. Then they said that More Money was requesting a government issued ID from me and that they were uncomfortable sending it. So as they requested I just wrote a letter on word authorizing them to forward my drivers license (scanned into a PDF) to MM and that they weren't liable. My transfer was completed minutes after that.

Thats funny because every time I have had a transfer I have always missed the confirmation call on my local Argentine cell...and they have never canceled it for that. I do however have plenty of experience with Xoom to know their company is run by a bunch of idiots...especially their call center. Xoom = Great product, terrible service.

Yesterday I sent US$25 as a trial to a friend's account at Banco Galicia and after successfully completing the forms online Xoom emailed to say they had cancelled the transaction saying "we found it necessary to cancel your transaction, in accordance with our regulatory and compliance policies". ?????

I requested an explanation but no reply yet. I'm wondering if it was the Argentine phone number I listed which is not the one associated with my US account?

Back