!!! Xoom Crackdown - Partners Offices Raided By Afip !!!

Joe

Registered
As I am writing this, I'm looking down from my apartment on Libertad to the XOOM representative office. Dozens of officers in blue AFIP jackets are busying shuttling out computers and file cabinets. One of the employees appears to be in handcuffs.

UPDATE: I went down and talked to some of the bystanders and was told that XOOM's Argentina's partners were in violation of the law by exchanging money at black market rates. AFIP is gathering evidence to require all XOOM users to pay the difference between the Legal and Black Market rate - known as the Blue Rate. The AFIP told me there is a new ZERO TOLERANCE policy in place as of immediately for Black Marketeers. All foreigners shown to have exchanged money at the Black Market rate will be fined at 3x and deported. The AFIP officer likened these skum to the Vulture Capitalist that stole the Libertad. He said the BLack Marketeers are stealing the Libertad of the Argentinian Nation!!!

raid_large.jpg

35234_papel30.jpg

8419351.jpg

The news grows more frequent and increasingly ominous as a cylindrical meteorite lands in Grover's Mill, New Jersey. A crowd gathers at the site. Reporter Carl Phillips relates the events. The meteorite unscrews, revealing itself as a rocket machine. Onlookers catch a glimpse of a tentacled, pulsating, barely mobile Martian inside before it incinerates the crowd withHeat-Rays. Phillips's shouts about incoming flames are cut off in mid-sentence.

As I am writing this, I'm looking down from my apartment on Libertad to the XOOM representative office. Dozens of officers in blue AFIP jackets are busying shuttling out computers and file cabinets. One of the employees appears to be in handcuffs.

Your current location is set to "Location Hanoi, Vietnam". The time difference between there and Argentina probably explains why AFIP is raiding the office in the dark: Posted Today, 11:15 PM, yet the photos show daytime...!?! at least try a bit harder...

Haha,is it a new musical fandango?? maybe Fat Larry can play a big part,he and his band made the song ZOOM.Oli Hardy,another
afiping mess you got me into Stanley!!Broadway here we come.

Your current location is set to "Location Hanoi, Vietnam". The time difference between there and Argentina probably explains why AFIP is raiding the office in the dark: Posted Today, 11:15 PM, yet the photos show daytime...!?! at least try a bit harder...

Today is December 28. Ring any bells?

UPDATE: I went down and talked to some of the bystanders and was told that XOOM's Argentina's partners were in violation of the law by exchanging money at black market rates. AFIP is gathering evidence to require all XOOM users to pay the difference between the Legal and Black Market rate - known as the Blue Rate. The AFIP told me there is a new ZERO TOLERANCE policy in place as of immediately for Black Marketeers. All foreigners shown to have exchanged money at the Black Market rate will be fined at 3x and deported. The AFIP officer likened these skum to the Vulture Capitalist that stole the Libertad. He said the BLack Marketeers are stealing the Libertad of the Argentinian Nation!!!

raid_large.jpg

35234_papel30.jpg

8419351.jpg

The insinuation in gist that one may be in danger by going to XOOM, doesn`t help XOOM business...?? Legal action risk? A terror campaign?
Remember Orson Wells was tossed into prison but didn't go to jail.... :D went to hollywood

p.s. The MORE office on Libertad is at # 1057 , not 739.
p.p.s. The Libertad address is no longer listed as one of MORE locations.

Back