Xoom Vs Uruguay

I was there Tuesday and Wednesday last week, and there were 4-5 people waiting in line...I had a secret atm always empty though ;)

What are the reasons for going to Uruguay over using Xoom?

What are the reasons for going to Uruguay over using Xoom?

you can exchange dollars for whatever the blue rate is which is usually higher than the xoom rate (which is based on blue chip swaps or something)

New xoom/walmart promo:
https://walmart.xoom.com/gift-card-promo

Anybody knows what the the 3 Xoom locations in Colonia are? Care to share? :)

Anybody knows what the the 3 Xoom locations in Colonia are? Care to share? :)

The easiest is in a very convenient spot... it's the corner of the main Av. in old town..General Flores and Intendente Suarez. Right in front of a big square. It's not called More as such but they handle the same stuff as here.

The easiest is in a very convenient spot... it's the corner of the main Av. in old town..General Flores and Intendente Suarez. Right in front of a big square. It's not called More as such but they handle the same stuff as here.

Thanks, I was checking on their site, but the only one location they list is pretty far out from Buquebus terminal. Av. flores is super close. One more thing, any idea if they have a set limit on how much you can transfer per day or per transaction?

Thanks, I was checking on their site, but the only one location they list is pretty far out from Buquebus terminal. Av. flores is super close. One more thing, any idea if they have a set limit on how much you can transfer per day or per transaction?

$3K per transaction. They can do more but they will make you fill out forms and provide information. I really don't think you can bypass that by splitting it into 2 or 3 transactions but I honestly didn't try.

$3K per transaction. They can do more but they will make you fill out forms and provide information. I really don't think you can bypass that by splitting it into 2 or 3 transactions but I honestly didn't try.

I wonder if the 3k is per month, day or what? Thanks for your helpful data ;)

Back