Xoom's Magic Limit is 10,000 Pesos

michaelalanward

Registered
It took me a week to get my money using Xoom, but when I went to pick up my money, they told me that if it had been for an amount under 10,000 I would have received it about 2 hours and I would not have had to fill out all of the paperwork for AFIP.

The person at the counter said it was per transaction.

I can't tell you if there is a cap. My guess is not - since there not since AFIP is not involved.

Yes, from "More Money Transfers" - The one that was talked about here earlier on Libertad.

What exchange rate did you get against the Dollar for your money transfer with XOOM?
Thanks

RicardoBA said:
What exchange rate did you get against the Dollar for your money transfer with XOOM?
Thanks
Xoom's rate is 5.4386 today, you may be able to find a coupon code on the web that will waive the Xoom fees

Wow, This is a great way to get money versus using the ATM's since you are making money off the transfer.
This should help alot of people with the inflated prices.

Does it matter upon pickup if the tourist visa has expired? Do they check this at the bank?

michaelalanward said:
It took me a week to get my money using Xoom, but when I went to pick up my money, they told me that if it had been for an amount under 10,000 I would have received it about 2 hours and I would not have had to fill out all of the paperwork for AFIP.

Just called them and they are unaware of this limitation. Did More check your status?

Greg2231 said:
Xoom's rate is 5.4386 today, you may be able to find a coupon code on the web that will waive the Xoom fees

You should be able to use coupon code "cruz" to waive all fees now including I think on credit cards.

Back