Yellow fever shot

TomAtAlki

Registered
Anyone know where to get a yellow fever shot in Buenos Aires?

I got it years ago at a government run clinic in an obscure spot somewhere on Alem as I recall. It was the ONLY place that had international recognition. Getting it at another clinic would not be recognized internationally. It was free.

If you go to the corner of Blanes and Av. Pedro de Mendoza (collective 20) and look north you'll see a modern building under the freeway which is the immunization center. The people are very nice, the shot is free and they give you the yellow immunization card. They will not give you a shot if you are over 60 but will give you the yellow immunization booklet saying you are exempt because of age. If you have ever received a yellow fever shot you are good for life.

T/

Yesterday I had an appointment with the Travel Assistance team (infectologia) at Hospital Aleman to check on the need of different vaccines for travel purposes and general advise. I also asked about the yellow fever vaccine. I was told that depending on age and the exact nature of the itinerary they would tell me wheather I need the yellow fever vaccine or not and wheather they could write a certificate for an exception. An appointment with "Asistencia al Viajero" would be ideal at least a month two before travelling. If necessary, the vaccine can be given at their vacunatorio.

Yesterday I had an appointment with the Travel Assistance team (infectologia) at Hospital Aleman to check on the need of different vaccines for travel purposes and general advise. I also asked about the yellow fever vaccine. I was told that depending on age and the exact nature of the itinerary they would tell me wheather I need the yellow fever vaccine or not and wheather they could write a certificate for an exception. An appointment with "Asistencia al Viajero" would be ideal at least a month two before travelling. If necessary, the vaccine can be given at their vacunatorio.

Maybe the situation has changed but when I got the vaccination I was told that there is only one vaccination center that has international recognition.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 11
R Expat Life 8
A Expat Life 7
M Expat Life 2
Back