Yes, Sure, The Future Is Here In The South

OK possum is right, I was too brief:

The quote comes from the CIA station chief in Athens at the time of the 1967 coup. When told that Greek democracy was being raped, he (who was instrumental in the coup himself) replied "how do you rape a whore?"

Yes in the context of the olympics, this does bring up how the 2004 games meant the pillaging of public funds that went to private multinational companies, but that was not what I meant (and no, it wasn't the cause of the current financial crisis, but it sure helped).

I quoted Possum as saying: "Samaranch destroyed and corrupted the Olympics to a disgusting degree". My question was: how can you corrupt something like the olympic games, since the whole purpose of the olympics and the world cup is to divert taxpayer money into private coffers?

Sorry to have been brief, and no I would never joke about sexual violence inappropriately, I was merely quoting.

The quote comes from the CIA station chief in Athens at the time of the 1967 coup. When told that Greek democracy was being raped, he (who was instrumental in the coup himself) replied "how do you rape a whore?"

Yes in the context of the olympics, this does bring up how the 2004 games meant the pillaging of public funds that went to private multinational companies, but that was not what I meant (and no, it wasn't the cause of the current financial crisis, but it sure helped).

I quoted Possum as saying: "Samaranch destroyed and corrupted the Olympics to a disgusting degree". My question was: how can you corrupt something like the olympic games, since the whole purpose of the olympics and the world cup is to divert taxpayer money into private coffers?

Sorry to have been brief, and no I would never joke about sexual violence inappropriately, I was merely quoting.

It takes a Texas Republican: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6363655

And yes, as jokie says, in either case making jokes about rape is quite uncultured.

"Who going to complain about a rape joke?

I would say rape victims, but the're traditionally not complainers"

http://youtu.be/HPjOdBwsLec?t=1m50s

You should write like this more often. It has a whole different effect.

Back