Yes, we have no bananas...and other former imports too

scotttswan said:
it is gotita de miel season though :D:D:D

U mean figs right? Yumm!! Last week I had a great salad with figs, arugula and blue cheese... para chuparse los dedos!!!

Eclair said:
Why are Argentine companies printing and shipping in from Spain when they coud do it here? :confused: I could understand it if perhaps most Argentine books are owned by Spanish publishers, but why would they go overseas to print in a country where wages are similar, if not much higher, than here?

Let's start where the problem is and fix it, so that companies will want to print here, and not have to because they have no other choice. That's how you grow business and industry... by promoting and encouraging within, not banning the outside world. :p

If Argentine companies aren't printing in Argentina it's for 1 of 2 reasosn... or perhaps both. They don't have the resources here or the country's laws are not business friendly. Both make it more expensive and less attractive to do business here. :rolleyes:
printing requires.....paper [not much manufacturing here], ink [dido]and capital [it's currently in flight] oh yeah...printing presses [must be imported] Nope it is just not going to happen.

At walmart yesterday in Bahia Blanca I found French's deli mustard for the first time in a couple months. I bought all nine bottles. I just checked the expiration date. It's the same as on the ones I bought two months ago: March 2012. I imagine they were sitting in the stock room for a while, even though there was none on the shelves in the store the last two times I was there. They weren't on the (ever shrinking) import display...which still had a half dozen Coronas. I don't expect to see either the mustard or Corona's again in the near future.

steveinbsas said:
I bought all nine bottles. I just checked the expiration date. It's the same as on the ones I bought two months ago: March 2012.

Oh no. :( Yea, you always have to check those expiration dates on imports! I've come across many a Campbell soup can that was so dusty and dented I didn't even bother to look. :p

On the bright side, I see a lot of pollo a la mostaza in your future! ;)
(or savora as they say here...)

Back