Yosi, the Regretful Spy on Prime Video

Perhaps soon someone will have the interest, to watch this 8 hour Series to hear positive or negative comments?

Reactions: ben
Perhaps soon someone will have the interest, to watch this 8 hour Series to hear positive or negative comments?
I’ve seen it. An interesting story, even if only loosely based on real events. The production was very well done and certainly had a fair amount of budget behind it. Some interesting actors cast for the roles as well. It does provoke thought about issues such as institutional racism, impunity and corruption in Argentina.

The only parts that really bugged me were:
- the portrayal of Egypt (Sinai was shot in Río Negro...) and Egyptian people (dressed like Afghanis, complimented by dark eye make up and black over-dyed beards and terrible attempts to speak Arabic and even more offensive dancing skills)
- Lighting birthday candles at an orthodox synagogue on Shabbat (as well as a few other “less orthodox” details)
- the OTT antisemitism and constant use of “Russo” “Rusito” and other far more offensive terms etc by the AFP characters, long after their racist prejudices have long since been established and lost their intended “shock” value.

Reactions: ben
I’ve seen it. An interesting story, even if only loosely based on real events. The production was very well done and certainly had a fair amount of budget behind it. Some interesting actors cast for the roles as well. It does provoke thought about issues such as institutional racism, impunity and corruption in Argentina.

The only parts that really bugged me were:
- the portrayal of Egypt (Sinai was shot in Río Negro...) and Egyptian people (dressed like Afghanis, complimented by dark eye make up and black over-dyed beards and terrible attempts to speak Arabic and even more offensive dancing skills)
- Lighting birthday candles at an orthodox synagogue on Shabbat (as well as a few other “less orthodox” details)
- the OTT antisemitism and constant use of “Russo” “Rusito” and other far more offensive terms etc by the AFP characters, long after their racist prejudices have long since been established and lost their intended “shock” value.
All Perez, Fernandez, Rodriguez, Escudero, etc. in Argentina are converted judes [by force of course] while those who came from Russia kept the religion, culture and identity.
We used to be called rusos for this reason. If the film is political correct, then looks fake.
I’m finishing it and it can be seen.
What is very realistic is how moles infiltrate. I have seen this at University and Civil Rights NGOs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rich One Expat Life 3
Back