Your Favorite Resturant In Buenos Aires

Have never been to Chila or Crizia - more info, please? Very much agree with all the other recommendations. Also like La Josefina, across from Museo Evita, and a newer place called La Costilla, on Humboldt, esq Gorriti.

Love La Carniceria, not exactly traditional parilla, but fabulous and very reasonably priced. And we like Parilla Pena also, it's not within walking distance for us, so we rarely go. Still, have not been to Gran Dabang.
Nancy

Knowing you guys, you would really enjoy Gran Dabang. Only thing is I don't think you can book, so you might have to queue. Otherwise, casual, india oriental, good value and good flavours.

If you are going for a special (and more expensive) meal, I think Dante Liporace at Tarquino is currently the best chef in BA. It's in the Hub Porteño that has a nice roof terrace for a pre-dinner drink, it's a small pretty restaurant, the house wines are excellent and it is a lot cheaper than Chila. I'm a little biased as I got married there recently and they were incredibly generous, not charging any extras despite the fact they had probably underestimated how much the English contingent would drink! However Dante worked for a decent length of time at El Bulli and produces strong flavoursome food albeit with a modern twist. Try his "Sequence of the Cow"!

La Trattoria Di Giulio, Sinclair 2936 near Cervino.

Small restaurant, excellent food. I recommend the Pacheri con Asparagi.

Have never been to Chila or Crizia - more info, please? Very much agree with all the other recommendations. Also like La Josefina, across from Museo Evita, and a newer place called La Costilla, on Humboldt, esq Gorriti.

I'm a foodie and I try and stay on top of the scene in the city and in my experience Chila offers the most consistently high quality. The plates are sophisticated but not over the top and they're polished. I've rarely had a single plate that wasn't superb where as other top restaurants can be hit or miss. Excellent wine list as well with markups around 100% over vinoteca which is pretty reasonable, corkage fee isn't excessive either.

http://www.chilaweb.com.ar

Its not cheap but it's not las lilas either and I'd trade two meals at most of the restaurants in this thread for 1 at Chila which makes it seems like a bargain (or at least thats what I tell myself).

Back