YPF/Repsol A Different Point Of View

The author has a touching faith in the government's statistics. "In addition, unemployment fell from 22% in 2002 to less than 6.7% in the Q4 of 2011." 6.7% unemployment? Really?

All written from the standpoint of populist propaganda. Good ol' Argentina, paid back the IMF, fighting the global de-industrialization movement, going to take charge of its oilfields, yadda, yadda.

Didn't pay back private investors, won't be able to run YPF as good as those who were running it, and can't trust many of the numbers, as MorganF refers to, when related to anything the Argentine government has to say.

Although, I know unemployment fell significantly after the crash (which, according to the article, apparently didn't happen). But I wonder, did that include the almost semi-official sanctioning of Cartoneros as employment?

Whatever good Nestor and others did after the crash has certainly been undone since then, given the fact that Argentina is obvious desperate to control it's dollar reserves, which is also kind of strange thing considering the article talks about how they successfully put an end to dollarization in 2002.

I could almost see Cristina looking over the fellow's shoulder as he writes.

I see his article as a bunch of CFK-serving crap, personally.

Back