How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

Could someone provide a link to the new rates or state the actual costs? I am on my way to Argentina and a bit more specifics would be really helpful! Thank you. Also, what Prepagas are preferred/ recommended?

No. I know someone in the US. In his 40's. Has the most basic plan. Costs about $350 USD for himself only. Has a huge "deductible" -- you have to spend several thousand dollars out of pocket before any coverage kicks in.
The price of plans in the US in the open market (Obamacare) depends on how much you make. I don’t think that’s how it works in Argentina

Looks like some of the prepaid health insurance plans are being reprimanded for their skyrocketing costs, being dinged for colluding and anti-competitive behavior and ordered to roll back the prices and potentially even repay clients of their plans the overages they recouped these past four months. A link to the bulletin below (which can be translated to English in the browser).

A tweet attached to the link stated: "The Government announced that 75% of the companies must roll back the increase to December 2023. These are the firms Galeno, British Hospital, German Hospital, Medifé, Swiss Medical, Omint and OSDE."

Looks like some of the prepaid health insurance plans are being reprimanded for their skyrocketing costs, being dinged for colluding and anti-competitive behavior and ordered to roll back the prices and potentially even repay clients of their plans the overages they recouped these past four months. A link to the bulletin below (which can be translated to English in the browser).

A tweet attached to the link stated: "The Government announced that 75% of the companies must roll back the increase to December 2023. These are the firms Galeno, British Hospital, German Hospital, Medifé, Swiss Medical, Omint and OSDE."

Does not affect me but good for you that it does. Is this the truth?

It's from a government official bulletin so I'm assuming it's the truth and has been discussed widely today via the ol' social media. I think there are some local news segments also. It affects a lot of those in this thread that have been complaining about these upticks, so wanted to share this silver lining with all. I'm with Hospital Aleman, included so...good for me indeed. Will report back on my statement next month. Not sure when it goes into effect but seems they're on watch and have to report to folks now.

No mention of Hospital Italiano. I hope that's an oversight!

Here is one of the many articles I found with a quick Google search that might be useful.

English title reads:

Milei intervenes to stop increases in private medicine​

https://diario.mx/internacional/mil...tos-de-medicina-privada-20240417-2171129.html

One snippet reads: "Adorni explained that Wednesday's measure is based on a "complaint for alleged cartelization" and said that the Superintendency of Health Services will present a precautionary measure to Justice to force private medicine companies (known as "prepaid") to 'retract the value of the fees and return to the members the amount above the inflation they charged since December.'"

No mention of Hospital Italiano. I hope that's an oversight!
Johnny, it seems that those not included in the initial list that believe their companies are involved in this sort of practice are asked to file a complaint. Seems an uphill climb as is typical with bureaucracy but you may very well wait a bit for others to file against the Italiano.

From another article (I'm loosely translating English) they state:

"Although the recent government measure affects numerous prepaid medicine companies, benefiting a large part of the Argentine population, there are users whose companies are not included in this regulation. These users, who are outside the scope of the provision, can file a complaint with the National Commission for the Defense of Competition (CNDC) if they suspect anti-competitive conduct on the part of their health providers."

To make the complaint it is necessary to submit a document with the following information:

Your name and address.
The name of the person who you consider has committed an infringement of the Competition Law.
The object of the complaint, saying it exactly.
The facts considered, explained clearly.
The right on which you base the complaint, succinctly stated;
The offer of the means of proof that you consider conducive to the analysis of the complaint.

All pages, both those of the complaint and those of the attached documentation, must be signed by the person presenting it. Once presented, the National Commission for the Defense of Competition will summon the presenter to ratify it and the corresponding minutes will be drawn up.

How to do it:
Enter the 'Tramites A Distancia' (TAD) platform with your CUIT and level 2 tax code. In the case of a human person, enter using the DNI or CUIT corresponding to the person who will make the report. In the case of a legal entity, enter with the cuit of the complaining legal entity.

Start the process by entering “Presentation for Alleged Anticompetitive Conduct” and validate your data.

Complete the corresponding form.

Attach the corresponding documentation. In some cases it is mandatory.

Select "Confirm procedure".

Once the file is confirmed, in the “My procedures” tab you will be able to verify its creation and track the procedure.

Back