14 day quarantine for those arriving from aboard

dsp27

Registered
It's now been confirmed that despite public declarations to the contrary from AR officials, technically, all Argentines and residents are still required to stay at home for 14 days after arriving from abroad (often times arriving from territories with fewer infections than CABA). All this is done obviously for political reasons, with no scientific evidence to back such policy, esp. when a Brazilian tourist traveling to BA from BR with a PCR- is exempt but an Argentine traveling under the same conditions is not. There has been absolutely zero coverage in the media on this -- it's really strange.

I understand that this so called "mandatory and controlled quarantine" exists mostly just on paper. But do we actually have any RECENT cases (after September) of people being monitored and visited by authorities during those 14 days?

I really dont know how CABA works but I arrived (from US) on October 31st. Province of Buenos Aires as destination (and quarantine) spot. I have never been monitored or visited during the 14 days I stayed indoors.

I arrived on the 11th of October and wasn’t checked live in CABA but I would imagine they’re only doing spot checks would be impossible to check everyone. If you’re caught then what?

i didn’t leave the apartment

Well, I did my cuantentena in September. No one came to check either. Several friends who came in at the same time tell a similar story. More than anything else this whole situation is ridiculous because if you are Brazilian or Uruguayo, Chileno etc. You can do a PCR and you are exempt but if you are argentino go f* yourself. The directora of migraciones went on several media outlets back in October and is on the record saying that los argentinos coming from neighboring countries are also exempt if they have a pcr negativo. Still legally nothing has changed but having her on the record saying what she said, means that if an Argie coming from say Chile and did a PCR and live in AMBA they can just claim they followed her information in the unlikely event they get spot checked.

You will have signed a Declaracion Jurada that says different.
Well, the migraciones IT is so bad that even those traveling as tourists from neighboring countries are signing the same declaration! There is only a brief text before you fill the app that says you are exempt under certain rules BUT the actual declaration that everyone signs has the exact SAME text and conditions!

OK but it will be clear that you haven't travelled from a neighbouring country and you won't have entered the country as a tourist...
Anyway you take your chances however you weigh it up for yourself but in my view, if you are somehow caught you do not have a leg to stand on.
I would also think that they wouldn't have any problem making an example of you if you are a foreigner living here.

OK but it will be clear that you haven't travelled from a neighbouring country and you won't have entered the country as a tourist...
Anyway you take your chances however you weigh it up for yourself but in my view, if you are somehow caught you do not have a leg to stand on.
I would also think that they wouldn't have any problem making an example of you if you are a foreigner living here.
I am playing a devil’s advocate. I am not traveling. I already did my cuarentena. What if you were traveling from a neighboring country? And I am only talking of argentinos entering from neighboring countries. Obviously. My point is that legally it seems like everything is a joke. The declaration you are singing is not done correctly. Any half decent lawyer — especially with the jefa de migraciones on the record making certain statements as referred to previously — would leave plenty of legal space to dispute the perceived “obligation” inferred under the DDJJ.

We arrived Oct. 28th. No one checked on us at all. We stayed within a 1-2 block radius if we went out at all (we needed to eat, after all) and always masked as usual. All my relatives here scoffed at us being worried about anyone checking in on us or a neighbor notifying authorities. They would say, "do you know what country you're in? no one cares". And they were right.

I came in October 19, no one checked on me and I did go out to buy food and supplies.

Back