15 Reason Why I Like Ba Living ...

I love BA, Argentina, Brasil and Chile because women rule (or have recently ruled in case of Chile).

My little tribute to feminism...

Argentina-Fernandez-Kirchner-XLIV-EFE_CLAIMA20121207_0133_14.jpg

Dilma had a bad hair day!

Walking around today reminded me why I like to be here Christmas time, so not commercial. Even at the the arts and crafts show at La Rural today, only 1 row of Xmas decorations, no Xmas elevator music going non stop. Just alot of nice foods and things for sale.
Nancy

THANKS FOR YOUR POST! One of the few positive posts about Buenos Aires! I really can´t understand why people complain soo much about Buenos Aires. I just looove it here. I have to go back to Germany soon. Yes, everything will be well organized, clean, everything works just fine but do i have music on every corner i go, people who laugh and play with my daughter everywheres, a park like the bosque de palermo, with such positive energy and where everybody just seems to be happy? Noooo! I WILL MISS BUENOS AIRES SO MUCH!

Could we start over with a new thread ONLY for positive things?

I really liked the first post on this one and was thinking about adding my own list before the grinches started in on it. Maybe each person could say how long they have been here at the top of their list - as a sop to those who think you must be a newcomer or naive if you write about the (very many) positive aspects of staying or living in Buenos Aires.

Perhaps the grinches think they are offering a 'balanced' perspective by harping on about the difficult aspects of life here whenever anyone writes something nice. But in my view this website would need hundreds of positive threads for a balanced perspective to be achieved.

No, I am not a Pollyanna. But I live here now - with no Argentine partner to smooth the way. So I appreciate it when others give advice that helps me continue to see and experience the sweet side of this city, especially when cross-cultural problems occur or things get difficult.

Happy Januka, by the way. Don't forget the MusicFest on 12 Dec starting 8pm.

La Fleur

Now, if either at least knew what they were doing.....But in the end, they are just like then men rulers in the region, less the penis.

I love BA, Argentina, Brasil and Chile because women rule (or have recently ruled in case of Chile).

My little tribute to feminism...

Argentina-Fernandez-Kirchner-XLIV-EFE_CLAIMA20121207_0133_14.jpg

Someone said what counts is what you have between you EARS...!! :D

Indeed. And on that department, the current female rulers seem to be doing no better than their male counterparts.

I cannot agree with: "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]7. More green space Per Cap than most major cosmopolitan cities." - it was one of the things that hit me when I came here, the little amount of parks in the city - apart from Bosques de Palermo and Puerto Madero there are no parks in the city (or only tiny ones, like parque de centenario, where I lived for several months). Actually, lack of green areas is the main drawback of the city to me. On the other hand - most of the streets are full of trees, so it's not that bad.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Oh, and - "[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Alcohol drinking in public is perfectly legal & normal."[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] - In my country (Poland) it's illegal to drink in public, but very common and popular. Here - not :)[/background]

Back