15 Reason Why I Like Ba Living ...

I forgot to add free bicycle rentals throughout the city.
http://mejorenbici.buenosaires.gob.ar/
Haven't used it yet but it looks like fun. You have to register with them before you can take one of the bikes out for a spin.
They have pick up & drop off spots through out the city.
And don't forget Critical Mass. First Sunday of the month. They meet at the Obelisko. Not sure what time,... but it's a sight to behold !!!

Tried to rent but one needs a photocopy of DNI and a a copy of a service bill on your name , like cable etc. IS this correcct

Today is a day that I am very grateful to be living here in BA...

I just got home from the guardia a half hour ago. I tried going to my job as a teacher today, but I had woken up this morning with an extremely sharp and debilitating pain in one of my lungs that came out of nowhere. I couldn't breathe deeply (or even normally), I couldn't without being hunched over like I was 100 years old, couldn't bend, and although I was in so much pain, I couldn't even cry because it hurt too badly.

Small detail- Did I mention that I'm also 22 weeks pregnant?!?!

I went to a guardia in Olivos because I have obra social. Didn't wait very long and was taken to a "shock room" to be evaluated, vitals monitored, x-rayed (with special precautions), given an IV (which they assured me was safe for the baby), and calmed down by everyone, including the security guard because I was so frightened (especially because of the pregnancy).

I am home safe now and on the mend. Such a significant part of this was because I could relax and focus on feeling better, not freaking out "How in the world am I going to pay for this?!?!"

I have my gripes here for so many reasons, but you simply cannot put a price on your physical and mental well-being, especially when you are experiencing pregnancy for the first time in your life.

Today is a day of deep gratitude for me.

Today is a day that I am very grateful to be living here in BA...

I just got home from the guardia a half hour ago. I tried going to my job as a teacher today, but I had woken up this morning with an extremely sharp and debilitating pain in one of my lungs that came out of nowhere. I couldn't breathe deeply (or even normally), I couldn't without being hunched over like I was 100 years old, couldn't bend, and although I was in so much pain, I couldn't even cry because it hurt too badly.

Small detail- Did I mention that I'm also 22 weeks pregnant?!?!

I went to a guardia in Olivos because I have obra social. Didn't wait very long and was taken to a "shock room" to be evaluated, vitals monitored, x-rayed (with special precautions), given an IV (which they assured me was safe for the baby), and calmed down by everyone, including the security guard because I was so frightened (especially because of the pregnancy).

I am home safe now and on the mend. Such a significant part of this was because I could relax and focus on feeling better, not freaking out "How in the world am I going to pay for this?!?!"

I have my gripes here for so many reasons, but you simply cannot put a price on your physical and mental well-being, especially when you are experiencing pregnancy for the first time in your life.

Today is a day of deep gratitude for me.

How are you feeling? I hope you are doing better now! I am pregnant as well and know how scary it can be.
I have the plan de salud from Hospital Italiano and have had nothing but good things to say about their doctors and the care that I had recieved. The healthcare here is good and has been good to me so far too.

How are you feeling? I hope you are doing better now! I am pregnant as well and know how scary it can be.
I have the plan de salud from Hospital Italiano and have had nothing but good things to say about their doctors and the care that I had recieved. The healthcare here is good and has been good to me so far too.

Hospital Italiano is a good place to DIE. I have had surgery there and would not recommend anyone with an option to go to that hospital. The aleman is not that far away. Hell you might even get better results at Ramos mejia

@ NYKate- I'm feeling better now, thank you. For now, just sitting in bed drinking a bottle of water, relaxing while watching an old "I Love Lucy" episode on my computer, and feeling extremely thankful.

I have OSDE and was treated in the Clinica Olivos. As I've mentioned, everyone there was absolutely wonderful. I kept thanking the doctor and the nurse who were in charge of me and checking in on me from time to time. They always responded simply that they were just doing what they were supposed to do. Once I was feeling better and was more physically capable of talking/breathing without pain, I told them that I am from the country where they can/will turn a woman away from a hospital who is in active labor if she cannot show proof of insurance or some method of payment (and I've also heard of even worse cases). They just couldn't wrap their heads around it, they just didn't get it (thank God!).

Even before I had the luxury of private insurance here, I had been to two different public hospitals on two different occasions. Obviously these are not esthetically beautiful places, you never know how long you'll have to wait (and at least where I went) something smelled pretty yucky! But at least being treated without experiencing the deep underlying fear of sticker shock once you find out how much you owe in medical bills and how broke you'll be after you are discharged makes the recovery process so much more bearable, no matter what the circumstances!

As I've emphasized, your health and mental well-being (and that of your unborn first child) is something that cannot and should not be taken for granted and you cannot express in any amount of money.

Back