15 Reason Why I Like Ba Living ...

Thank you for posting that,... Now the London view overlaps the BA view. Was that just coincidence ???
Or was it to cover up the Ecological Park ???... Which just so happens to be under it ???
I'm sure nobody is going to notice it, just a coincidence right ? yeah sure ...
Thank you for your honesty.

Oh yeah I forgot to include the waste ground near the polluted river. Its closed a lot on holidays and not very accessible.

So if you compare them why you put a picture of buenos aires cutting the huge green areas? like the ecological reserve and the palermo forest? that is not even talking about all the small parks and streets full of trees that are present in Buenos Aires and not in London, you could tell me other cities and i will agree but London is not the case.
Hate to disappoint you but London is not a green city at all

Have you ever been to London???

There are a few trees stuffed alongside 9 story 1970s apartment blocks in BA but its pretty true to say BA is pretty lacking accessible green space.

I really miss seeing sunsets. Unless you live above the 7th floor you can't see much of the sky.

London may be greener but that's not much of an advantage when it is raining all the time!!!!

London had a couple of really nice weeks in Spring and another couple of good weeks in the Autumn!!! :lol:

buts lets just look at that misconception about the rain!!! :p for those not familiar with the figures this will come as a surprise

London av rainfall 591.8 mm av rainy days 110
Buenos Aires av rainfall 1214 mm av rainy days 101

So Buenos Aires is twice as wet as London and has 9 fewer rainy days! :D

But no one would go to live in London for the climate - even though it is dryer than Paris

Paris av, rainfall 649 mm av rainy days 111.5

This thread is what do I like about Buenos Aires living - and I like the climate as well as other stuff!! :) .

I also love living in London - because it is so green and loads of other stuff but not because of the climate!

Fortunately I can spend a lot of time in both great cities - and visit Paris sometimes too

and yes last year London had much more rain - I checked the Met. Office site and up by 119 per cent. The equivalent Servico Meteorologico National has not published annual figues for 2012 yet but it has been very wet here too - above average without a doubt. The comparitive figues are attributed to the national authorities from Wikipedia. You go and check out publlished figures if you like but take it from me its long been a joke amoungst Londoners that Paris has more rain (and Milan and Rome!).

Good stats Phil, they surprised me a little, I love London but it and Paris are pretty overcast, dreary cities weather wise (in general). They both seem to just drizzle the whole time. :p

Perhaps Buenos Aires weather feels better because it gets around 2530 sunshine hours per year (so I discovered thanks to google). London averages just over half of that at 1410 hours (per met office site as you said).

So, I guess we can say that when it rains in BA, it pours and then the sun comes out, whereas in London it just rains a little but never stops (hence the sun never comes out) :D

In terms of green spaces, BA is pretty good but it probably doesnt compare to London. Plus, BA is skewed by the massive open spaces and all the parks in Palermo. I have friends that live in Caballito for eg and tell me there is only 1 park and you cant get a space to tomar sol on the weekends.

Well than,that must explain it because we live in Palermo and think BsAs is REALLY green.
Nancy

Vicente Lopez is green. Can't give you 15 reasons why I like BA, Because I really don't like it. Apart from the eye candy and the heat its just another city with no beach

London had a couple of really nice weeks in Spring and another couple of good weeks in the Autumn!!! :lol:

buts lets just look at that misconception about the rain!!! :p for those not familiar with the figures this will come as a surprise

London av rainfall 591.8 mm av rainy days 110
Buenos Aires av rainfall 1214 mm av rainy days 101

So Buenos Aires is twice as wet as London and has 9 fewer rainy days! :D

But no one would go to live in London for the climate - even though it is dryer than Paris

Paris av, rainfall 649 mm av rainy days 111.5

This thread is what do I like about Buenos Aires living - and I like the climate as well as other stuff!! :) .

I also love living in London - because it is so green and loads of other stuff but not because of the climate!

Fortunately I can spend a lot of time in both great cities - and visit Paris sometimes too

and yes last year London had much more rain - I checked the Met. Office site and up by 119 per cent. The equivalent Servico Meteorologico National has not published annual figues for 2012 yet but it has been very wet here too - above average without a doubt. The comparitive figues are attributed to the national authorities from Wikipedia. You go and check out publlished figures if you like but take it from me its long been a joke amoungst Londoners that Paris has more rain (and Milan and Rome!).

Its the same in Holland, most people think it rains all year while in fact its just cloudy. In BA it doesnt drizzle like it does in Holland or London, it just pours and then its over. The cloudiness is the depressing part, and BA doesnt suffer from that.

Reason Why I Like Ba Living ...
My friends and cronies in Buenos Aires. They keep me grounded and their sense of humor is priceless. Despite all the Argentine BS, they know how to enjoy life. Going to the track with them and playing the ponies is one big belly laugh. Damn, they are fun to be with. Bunch of old farts thinking they are 21 again: enjoy the life.

Back