15 Reason Why I Like Ba Living ...

If it's an important aspect to you, live near the Bosques de Palermo or Puerto Madero. Plenty of green space there.

Well, not everyone wants to take the train to Zona Norte when they just need some air out on a walk or after work. And not everyone can live in Palermo or Puerto Madero, even though those two areas have some excellent parks. It's true that a lot of neighborhoods, especially moving away from the river, are lacking in greenery. But I think BA still feels greener than it is because so many of the streets are tree-lined. That's something you don't get in every city of this size.

....It's true that a lot of neighborhoods, especially moving away from the river, are lacking in greenery.
Not quite....in CABA, parks and plazas make up a large part of the City's green areas.
Parque Presidente Sarmiento

I think as you get older you are more afraid of being a victim of crime and therefore less willing (or able) to travel outside your comfort zone. It would be nice to have a "warts and all" picture of the city, even if I agree with the sentiment that life is what you make it and it's good to think positive as much as you can.

There is a lot of green in some areas but I think because most expats live in affluent neighborhoods they aren't aware of how bleak much of Buenos Aires and environs is. Even in pueblos in the Provincia the plazas are usually depressing.

Wine is cheaper in the US? Huh? You can get drinkable bottles in Argentina for the equivalent of $2 USD. The same wine in the US would be $10 + tax.
True that Argentine wines are pricier in the US than in Argentina, but I have to play devil's advocate on PhilipDT's point about variety. When (if?) I am finally living in Argentina full-time, I will sorely miss German Riesling and a large selection of affordable and delicious Pinot Noir, not to mention all the great wines from France, Spain, and Italy which can be had for under $20 in USA. Oh, and Champagne at a decent price.

I'd suggest Escorihuela Gascon Pinot Noir 2020 at 4100 pesos per box of 6 bottles. There isn't as wide a selection of wines as you would find in Europe, but mostly you can get very good and relatively inexpensive wine here.

Of course there is a huge variety of wine available in the US and Europe - from all over the world - however prices (especially in the US) are far far higher than they are in Argentina. What I notice in Argentina is the far more limited amount of whites but that reflects Argentine taste. Still there is a large variety of good quality wine at very low cost.

Back