18 year old coming to learn Spanish

Katti,

I think your niece will have a blast in BA...as will you showing her the city. I'm looking forward to bringing my nieces here. I took Spanish classes at both IBL and ILEE. The Spanish was the same grammatically correct Spanish taught in all the textbooks. Of course there will be regional distinctions in words and accents.

Funny story, at a French restaurant in LA there was a Spanish-speaking worker who learned English from the French owners. His English had a distinct French accent and he proudly referred to himself as a Frenchican instead of a Mexican. The differences is where the language truly lives. Sending my best to you and your niece for a wonderful adventure.

mobri1130 said:
Funny story, at a French restaurant in LA there was a Spanish-speaking worker who learned English from the French owners. His English had a distinct French accent and he proudly referred to himself as a Frenchican instead of a Mexican. The differences is where the language truly lives. Sending my best to you and your niece for a wonderful adventure.

I think that one of the things that gives The Gotan Project such allure is the way Spanish is sung with a French accent.

I did a Spanish crash course with Expanish. Definitely right for anyone who doesnt have much time and wants to get a basic grip of phrases etc. Its fun for sure, but it depends how serious your cousin is about learning Spanish? This course isnt for people who want to learn loads of grammer.

Back