2 Uruguay Peso Questions

So I'm reading this and feeling dumb. We're going to Colonia tomorrow and staying a bit outside the town for the long weekend. What makes the most sense as far as getting the best rate for Uruguayan pesos? Use my Argentine debit card at the ATM in Colonia? Use my US debit card? Take dollars? I should know the answer to this, but I'm feeling unsure.

So I'm reading this and feeling dumb. We're going to Colonia tomorrow and staying a bit outside the town for the long weekend. What makes the most sense as far as getting the best rate for Uruguayan pesos? Use my Argentine debit card at the ATM in Colonia? Use my US debit card? Take dollars? I should know the answer to this, but I'm feeling unsure.

You can't take money out of ATMs with debit cards (I think you used to be able to get $50, but not anymore) but you can pay anywhere visa is accepted.
As for paying with cash take dollars if you have them.

You can't take money out of ATMs with debit cards (I think you used to be able to get $50, but not anymore) but you can pay anywhere visa is accepted.
As for paying with cash take dollars if you have them.

You can easily withdraw dollars and Uruguayan pesos with your US debit card.

Back