20% Surcharge For Travel

My travel agent confirmed that travelers that had purchased international tickets before March 18th. when the 20 % surcharge was decreed , had to pay it before leaving, All future surcharges will also be applied before departure date. If you bought a ticket for next Christmas season.
I talked to Delta and they said the tickets I purchased in Buenos Aires were all settled financially with the travel company in BA and Delta. The contract is now between Delta and myself. Explained to Delta what the piece said about the 20% retractive thing and they said the Buenos Aires travel agency is now out of the picture. They assured me more than once that the deal is closed. Do not know what to think anymore.

I haven't checked with Lan Chile yet. So the 20% surcharge applies to all tourist visiting Argentina by air.?
I probably be given the OK from my Surgeon ( Done foot/ankle surgery 2x in 2 years ) to be ready and able to travel to Chile~Argentina very soon.. Rather not to pay the 20% but if me paying the duty-tax in order to help the situation there in Argentina, then have to feel contemptly but to pay up.

I haven't checked with Lan Chile yet. So the 20% surcharge applies to all tourist visiting Argentina by air.?
... to travel to Chile~Argentina very soon.. Rather not to pay the 20% but if me paying the duty-tax in order to help the situation there in Argentina, then have to feel contemptly but to pay up.
As I understand it, the 20% surcharge is only for travel commencing in Argentina. If you have a ticket out of Argentina bought elsewhere you don't pay (e.g. a return ticket from wherever-you-are).

20% Retroactive??
Am I reading this correctly: 20% to be collected if reservation made and paid for before March1 and reservation (travel) is for sometime in the future?

http://www.iprofesio...-y-viajan-ahora
From Clarin. little more detail, I think.
The 20% would be added if the travel package/ticket has not been paid in full yet: payment is due to finalize the sale. Off the hook if the transaction has been paid in full before March.
http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/AFIP-cobra-reservo-paga-ahora_0_890910970.html

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=WopUUcLhGo2A2AXX24DoDQ&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dclarin%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1920%26bih%3D869&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&u=http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/AFIP-cobra-reservo-paga-ahora_0_890910970.html&usg=ALkJrhhX7HhfLuef3t5saUqLmu-o3QG1yw

Wow a 20% RadioActive fee.! So the Guvmnt wants to collect or steal 20% of your money.!? Desperate measure excercised in order to stay afloat. The brains in the cabinet are collectively thinking as to how to grab that extra Dollars thus creating newer ways to find that elusive revenue.. So the expats of Argentina has to put up or get out of the country, no other measure....

Actually the government wants to discourage you to spend money abroad using the scarce dollars. No taxes on domestic travel..!! that is what taxation is, a way to direct the investors to the less taxed options..ªª

Been advised by an airline employee....if your ticket has been issued...you should be safe....but make sure you do not need to do any change on it which would involve a payment...could get messy than...

I have lived here 6 years. Even with my temporary residencia document (no DNI) I have always had to pay the price in USD for travel outside of the country, by cash or credit card.
It seems the only change is the 20% surcharge. A lot of money to a pensioner!

I have lived here 6 years. Even with my temporary residencia document (no DNI) I have always had to pay the price in USD for travel outside of the country, by cash or credit card.
It seems the only change is the 20% surcharge. A lot of money to a pensioner!
Something is wrong webmistress. since after the dollar restriction started back in Sept 2012 everybody was able to pay for tickets and trips in pesos - That is with Argentine credit cards or peso bills. Now with the new 20% this has changed and only residency holders and citizens can buy in pesos. Maybe you were using foreign credit cards? Or was this before the dollar restriction?

Husband just trying to purchase a ticket via aa.com for travel to States, quoted 1226, when he goes to pay gets message that due to his billing address on his card the price has been adjusted to 1400 and change... Is this the AFIP surcharge? Do we know if he'll have any luck getting around that if we pay in cash, or has the 20% fee now been applied across the board?

Back