24 Hr. Transit Strike Scheduled For Tomorrow Tue. 9Th

You are joking, right? In bs as there is no correlation between welfare and car ownership. You have to be brain damage, to have it while not need it... Except on strike days... Yes, they have them too many, but far from enough to justify such a worthless investment ;)

A friend of my wife's works in a bank downtown as a security guard. Apparently they didn't get a raise previous to the strike, at least :) In fact, she was told specifically that if she didn't come to work on Monday night (she works the night shift) that she would be let go. Whether or not she should have told them to f___ off and take them to court afterward is beside the point. She needs the job NOW and after watching my wife's older sister go through the system for two years, after being fired the day after she told her employer she was pregnant, it wouldn't have done my wife's friend any good anyway.

She lives a 'ways outside of the city and had no means to return home after work. The supervisors told her that they would try to work something out for her shift (don't you just love the vagueness of that), but she knew she'd not be able to depend on them Tuesday when she left the bank.

Indeed, she came over to our place after work and crashed for the day and went back to work Tuesday night - lucky for her she knew someone who would take her in while trapped in the city.

Oh BTW - her supervisors? Never even showed up Tuesday.

You have to love this country...there is so much igualdad para todos y todas.

El Queso - that makes me sad. I totally get the employer saying the employee needed to come to work but the employer should have arranged transport home (be it renting a combi or something else). It would have been an easy opportunity to build a good relationship btwn management and employees at very little cost. Instead this.

I really wish it wasn't such a contentious relationship btwn employers/employees om the regular here.

I suggest, this thread be closed.

As soon as I see this thread, I imagine, this is notification about another future strike.

No, it's merely pragmatic contingency planning.

So is buying land where you can grow your own food, regardless of whose books you read.
emo32.gif

Back